VBOX Best Price

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I need to buy a Vbox II or III? I think II is better.

Where is it a good place to buy it (best price)

one thing that we are discussing over in the c-band forum is the actuator arms and accuracy with a v-box III several of us had problems with accuracy and we have found out that some actuators don't have a high enough count to be accurate.

Well, I was one of the original users of the first VBox, DP710 I think it is.

Terrible, not good at all. The counts end up moving within time. I am using a Super Jack 24 inch arm

I thought the Vbox II and III solved that problem already.

Hi Kelly,

The VBox II did solve the problem with most actuators. I have two of them on two separate dishes and they work perfectly.

The problem is that some actuators have less than 48 counts per inch of thread on the lead screw or wormgear inside the actuators.

Read through this thread and decide for yourself.

Hope it helps,
Fred

Thanks Linusman.

What about the VBox III? WIll it work good too?

It seems to working fine on my Unimesh dish now that I have added an extra magnet to get the counts up to 48 per thread.

I don't think it works as well as the VBox IIs that I have do, but that is just personal taste. If you can find a VBox II, I would buy one of those, if not give the VBox 5 a try.

I have never tried or read about the one that Sadoun sells, so can't comment on it. Course I haven't tried the VBox 5 either.

Fred

Many months ago, I called for a review of the various Vboxes so we could compare them.
Maybe we can still arrange for one some time.

Anyone selling Vbox 5's should shoot one over to Linuxman and let him give it hell
Same for the Gbox v3000. Cheapest advertizing you can get! :)

I will be happy to send a sample Sadoun Powertech V3000 (GBox) for testing. PM me where you want it sent, with email address and phone number. It will go out on Wednesday.

Whoever going to test this unit must be familiar with the VBox II or other units on the market in order to make a valid and good comparison.

I need to buy a Vbox II or III? I think II is better.

Where is it a good place to buy it (best price)

Kelleyga got my VBOX III at Ricks Satellite for $47.00 plus shipping approx $10.00, maybe our sponsors can match!!

Kelleyga got my VBOX III at Ricks Satellite for $47.00
I got Rick's last one when I bought mine a few weeks ago. He said he wouldn't have any more until after the first of the year.

I suspect when he re-orders, he will get the VBox 5. I don't think the IIIs are in production any more.

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts