VBOX-II and USALS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhilipPeake

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
I have a VBOX-II which I am using to control my 1.2m Channel Master dish, and wondered if anyone has tried using one of these with USALS ?

(Having spent the time setting up the satellite positions I don't want to throw it all away to experiment :)

I have a VBOX II, but sorry I can't help, as I haven't hooked it up yet. In fact, it hasn't been out of the box yet. Don't know what I'm waiting for, I've had it a couple of months now. Just lazy I guess?
Linuxman has one and should be able to help with your questions?
Here is his review:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=77877
Hope this review can help you, if not I'm sure Linuxman will be glad to.

Al

I just opened my box and took a look at the manual. It only has 1.0 and 1.2 in the manual. 1.0 is the diseqc switch commands (committed) that allow you to hook to 4 ports for whatever reasons you choose. 1.2 is the satellite locations you program in the VBOX II. There is no mention of 1.1 which is diseqc switch commands (uncommitted) or 1.3 which I believe is USALS. So, my guess now is updatelee is correct and you can't use USALS with the VBOX II.

Al

Certainly not, different actuators have different number of clicks per revolution, and it would have no way of knowing what this value is.

Certainly not, different actuators have different number of clicks per revolution, and it would have no way of knowing what this value is.

Right -- that was what I was thinking. USALS seems to have several built-in assumptions, such as no. of pulses per revolution, and angle moved per click -- and also that the angle moved per pulse is constant.

Just wondered if I was missing something --- and just lazy, wanting to make locating satelittes a little easier :)

Seeing that you got your answer, I did want to add that you can pass USALS over the same line to control a ...lets say a sg2100... over the same coax that you are pushing 1.2 to control an actuator/lnb ... like in a cband setup. Just an FYI for others lurking.

Everyone has already answered the question, but even so, it is a great little box. I have been moving my 10 footer with it since late July without a single hiccup.

I am also going to try out bidaw's suggestion this coming spring. I think it would be fantastic to be able to run two different dishes and motors with one receiver.

Fred

When spring comes linuxman... Give me a shout and I will assist in anyway I can. Paying it Forward is what this hobby is all about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts