KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I decided to open up a VBOX7 and see what was in it. I thought some of you might want to see also.

vbox7jpeg-1.jpgvbox7jpeg-2.jpgvbox7jpeg-3.jpgvbox7jpeg-4.jpgvbox7jpeg-5.jpgvbox7jpeg-6.jpgvbox7jpeg-7.jpgvbox7jpeg-8.jpgVbox7_9_jpg.jpg

I had one open 10 minutes after it came new out of the box after the F connector on the back popped out within 10 seconds of screwing the connector on it. I dont think they were even soldered on the board, more like just snapped onto it. Needless to say, it was junk after that and it was returned for a refund

I have ran a few for a long time and they work like they are supposed to. So I would not call it junk. Low cost yes, but everything these days is made like that. If you had got two in a row that was bad then you would have an argument, but hey things happen, with just one and not try another I would not be so quick to judge. ;)

I have sold several with very minimal issues.

Mark what are you using now to move your dish?

Last edited:
Nice pics :)

HT48R066 is EOL so new model perhaps.

Attachments

• EOL-HT48R066.pdf
    54.9 KB · Views: 160
  • datasheet.pdf
    539.8 KB · Views: 192
before the invention of the I.C., can you imagine what the size of the box would be? How about pre-transistor, vacuum tube, YIKES!?

before the invention of the I.C., can you imagine what the size of the box would be? How about pre-transistor, vacuum tube, YIKES!?

Would have been dual purpose Mover and heater :)

I was inside one to replace the fuse a week ago. A fast blow 2a fuse that was not something you go and buy at the store. EBay to the rescue :) I could buy a thousand of them for $.04 ea or a handful for $5 shipped :)

I have ran a few for a long time and they work like they are supposed to. So I would not call it junk. Low cost yes, but everything these days is made like that. If you had got two in a row that was bad then you would have an argument, but hey things happen, with just one and not try another I would not be so quick to judge. ;)

I have sold several with very minimal issues.

Mark what are you using now to move your dish?
The ku dish is on a HH motor through the S10, the C band dish is still through the analog receiver. Was wanting it all through the openbox, but it will have to wait

Strange, I wanted to post in this thread yesterday but it said it was closed then! Good pictures! U2 is interesting, looks like it's probably an eeprom, especially with that JP3 plug right next to it. I may open mine up and check it out. Thanks for the pictures!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)