vcr hook connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zimmett

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
I’m wondering about the hook-up for a VCR. I have the Dish Network VIP 722K. I read on the user guide that in order to set up a VCR I must connect the cable to the home distribution then to the in on the VCR. Then hook-up another cable to the out on the VCR to the in on the TV set. If I do this, do I loose the ability to use the TV2 connection.

I simply use the VCR to save movies.

There are more than 1output for TV@ on the back of the reciever. 1 you can use Home distribution line into your VCR than into a spliter to wall and TV (note what channel to set the VCR to recieve and what to output to TV)or use RCA jacks from reciever into VCR another set to TV. my choice is the RCA better picture and simpler to control.

The User Guide claims the I should use the Home distribution connection then simply hook it to the VCR. If I do this do I loose the ability to use TV2??

OK but the User Guide does not show any of this. Page 116 Connecting A VCR To The Remote TV, from Home Distribution to the VCR. Thought about using a splitter but did not try this yet.

Also, every time I touch or move the VIP722K I keep getting Acquiring satellite signal. Did this again this morning,and got this progress 0 of 5. Benn out for some 20minutes
I simply do not understand why this would happen. Did this the other day when I touched the cables also

Also, every time I touch or move the VIP722K I keep getting Acquiring satellite signal. Did this again this morning,and got this progress 0 of 5. Benn out for some 20minutes
I simply do not understand why this would happen. Did this the other day when I touched the cables also

Bad/loose connector at or from separator I would guess.

vcr hook-up connecton

Gary was right, using a splitter solved my problem, thanks

The acquiring signal may be from a bad/loose connection on the satellite signal and may be at the separator. Or you could have a loose power cord/socket/distribution strip. The HDMI, component, composite, RF outputs are all available simultaneously. The best connection for a VCR is the S-video with red and white audio but is only available for TV1. The manual only shows the simplest connection with VCR pass through of the RF without switching inputs for VCR and TV connections.

To complicate this, I use a reversed splitter to add both 722 each with 2 channels to my antenna. I feed this to a 4-way 10-dB amp that feeds the 722 boxes, the TV, a DVD+R, and various remote places. With many HDD recorders for my programs, I have had no use for the DVD+R nor any VCR in several years.
-Ken

Last edited:
In general, I would not move the 722 (or other Hard Drive based unit) until unplugging from power & letting the disk spin down. But, given your symptoms, as others have said, you must have a loose connection.

No S vid

The acquiring signal may be from a bad/loose connection on the satellite signal and may be at the separator. Or you could have a loose power cord/socket/distribution strip. The HDMI, component, composite, RF outputs are all available simultaneously. The best connection for a VCR is the S-video with red and white audio but is only available for TV1. The manual only shows the simplest connection with VCR pass through of the RF without switching inputs for VCR and TV connections.

To complicate this, I use a reversed splitter to add both 722 each with 2 channels to my antenna. I feed this to a 4-way 10-dB amp that feeds the 722 boxes, the TV, a DVD+R, and various remote places. With many HDD recorders for my programs, I have had no use for the DVD+R nor any VCR in several years.
-Ken

There's no S vid on the 722k.

Help! We moved last week and I stupidly forgot to write down how everything was connected before it was packed. I have TWO DVR boxes (one the 722k) with four TV's connected to them. When the local DISH installer came to put in a new dish and hook everything up, he did not know how to hook up VCR's right.

Right now I really need to hook up my vcr to TV 2 on my 722. The DISH installer has it so that the cable is going from the wall to the VCR, then from the VCR to the TV. The TV is on 60 in order to see DISH. I can see tapes from the VCR only if I put the TV on 03. How do I hook it up again, or what do I do, so that I can see the DISH/DVR programming through the VCR (so that I can record to the VCR)? It doesn't seem to matter what channel I put my VCR on, I can't get it to work right.
Just pointing out that this is different from the one above because that is for a VCR connected to TV 1, and I need one to record from TV 2.

Thanks!

Program your vcr to see channel 60 and it will play over channel 3 on your tv. Should be in the menu of the vcr to auto program tv channels in either antenna or cable. Pick antenna and it should work.

Never mind what I said before, thanks for help! You were right, I was wrong. :) It's working now.

Suzanne

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)