VE discount on HR10-250?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rktscnc

Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
Anyone else not getting the 10% discount from VE for the HR10-250?

I ordered an HR10-250, WEINGARD-SS100, along with the regular 3-room system (2 other D* boxes) and the HD dish... on 11/05/05, shipped promptly, thank you.

They have the HR10-250 on their sight for 899.99 (everybody price, no more discount on the HR10-250?), and the SS1000 for 99.99, paid 90.00, 100.00 for pro install, and 47.00 shipping. I paid 1136.99 to my door.

DUH....... Heres my receipt;

Products/Systems Ordered:

1 | Professional Installation | Professional Installation @ $100.00

2 | HR10-250 | DIRECTV High Definition Digital Video Recorder Model HR10-250 @ $899.99

3 | DIRECTV Receiver | DIRECTV Receiver @ $0.00

4 | DIRECTV Receiver | DIRECTV Receiver @ $0.00

5 | Triple LNB 18x20 Dish | 18x20 Triple LNB Satellite Dish @ $0.00

6 | Square Shooter UHF/VHF High Performance Antenna | Square Shooter - UHF/VHF High Performance OTA Antenna @ $90.00

Subtotal: $1,089.99
Shipping & handling: $47.00
----------
Total before Tax: $1,136.99
Tax Rate: 0.00% (Outside New York State) $0.00
----------
Purchase Total: $1,136.99

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining. It's still a pretty good deal; I especially like the 5 yr. warranty and of course the t-shirt (hope I got that, he didn't ask my size, hmmm, large by the way Robert if your here). I'm just curious if anyone got a better deal on the HR10-250 from VE.
It took Graham 2 weeks to explain why the discount no longer applies. I understand their reasoning, they have to be competitive but can't lose their butt either, and a price set for authorized dealers if I understood the e-mail correctly.

One more thing. Robert I hope your reading this, I still haven't heard from an installer and the boxes have been sitting here for weeks. I've tried to call you 3 times but basically wasn't allowed to talk to you by "the other guy", and didn't get an answer to a PM I sent you.

Again I'm happy with VE just curious about the discount. I'm not happy about having to wait so long for an installer to contact me. Graham said on 11/19, after a third call, that an installer would be contacting me the first of the next week, haven't heard anything yet.

I apologize for posting this here but I am having trouble talking to Robert any other way.

Shane

I bought from VE last month and the price for the hr10-250 was $899 after the discount, which I think was a good deal. I didn't get the 5 year warranty though, which is a bit of a bummer. As for the installer issue, I would contact VE. The installer I had here in San Francisco was first rate and even called me before the equipment arrived to set up the appointment. To top it all off, the installation was first class - the installer even mounted the dish on the back of the roof so that it is not visible from the street (major bonus points from the wife on that one).

Robert (the owner) announced that he was dropping the price ro $899 for all like a month ago. He even posted here and said he regrets that he can no longer offer 10% on that model to us.

Mine was 899 too :)

wobbie, I'm from Nebraska.

slacker, obviously I missed that, sorry VE, I did a search for that but didn't see it. Now I feell stupid.

Again, not complaining, just checking.

Now if I

wobbie, I'm from Nebraska.

slacker, obviously I missed that, sorry VE, I did a search for that but didn't see it. Now I feell stupid.

Again, not complaining, just checking.

Now if I can get it installed.

Shane

So, any updates on your install? I am looking to purchase from VE, but am interested in the ultimate resolution to your situation.

Installer is supposed to be here today (finally). Not too hopeful on his abilities. I have got 2 dishes and 1 OTA antenna and he didn't see why I needed the OTA antenna with the two dishes. He says that he tries to 4-5 installs a day. :eek: Finally talked to Robert at VE and he said that my install should take 4-5 hours. I am number 3 on his list for the day.

Wish me luck

good luck.

Robert (and the rest of the staff) are class acts. I ordered from them last wed. got the equipment thursday and my friend and I installed it thursday afternoon.

When I finally talked to Robert, I agree, can't imagine any better service. He was very concerned about the long wait for the install. And bent over backwards to help in every possible way.

Thanks again Robert.

Status
Please reply by conversation.