VE R15 scheduled to ship on 11/8/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
01ds650 said:
20% restocking?! WTH? Usually that only occurs after 30 days.

Sorry, but it's better to be upfront on all details so no one is surprised. No one wants to buy a open box that has been tried and returned, plus we have to buy new access cards once the original one has been used. I'm not sure what other retailers would do with a DIRECTV DVR return policy, but I know they face the same issues that we do.

I very highly doubt anyone would want to return a R15 so it's a very unlikely issue.

-Robert

OK, one more try...

I've looked at the private forum page and I see the R15, BUT... I'm a new customer and I need a SYSTEM (Dish, etc.) not just the R15 receiver. Where do I order that?
DTV TiVo Dealer said:
I put the R15 on the top of the private forum page.

Has anyone noticed my 12/ price sale on MP3 players yet? The 50% off sale is limited to the 24 I have in stock.

-Robert

If you are a brand new customer (as in never had D* in your name), call a local D* retailer or, D* directly, as they will give you free install and the stuff you need for FREE (or close to it) with a 2 yr agreement.

KingsFan said:
OK, one more try...

I've looked at the private forum page and I see the R15, BUT... I'm a new customer and I need a SYSTEM (Dish, etc.) not just the R15 receiver. Where do I order that?

Thanks, so sorry, you are correct. I'll work on putting a new subscriber deal up today.

-Robert

damaged said:
If you are a brand new customer (as in never had D* in your name), call a local D* retailer or, D* directly, as they will give you free install and the stuff you need for FREE (or close to it) with a 2 yr agreement.

No retailer, has a lower price than the sponsor of this forum. We provide special discount pricing, free shipping and of course, no sales tax.

Our piority data base of Certified SBCA satellite technicians provide the highest quality installation available.

Above all we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality customer service possible.

-Robert

you state that you doubt anyone will want to return the R15. Have you personally had a chance to "play" with it? Just wondering...If so what is your honest opinion on R10 vs R15? After having a TiVo I'm wondering if perhaps I won't be disappointed with the R15.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
No retailer, has a lower price than the sponsor of this forum. We provide special discount pricing, free shipping and of course, no sales tax.

Our piority data base of Certified SBCA satellite technicians provide the highest quality installation available.

Above all we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality customer service possible.

-Robert

I'm sure one wouldn't say they have the _highest_ price..;)
But from what I can see, if there are any lower, the difference would be miniscule, I've heard more good things than bad things about VE, and even the bad things weren't all that bad and were settled afaik when pointed out.

01ds650 said:
you state that you doubt anyone will want to return the R15. Have you personally had a chance to "play" with it? Just wondering...If so what is your honest opinion on R10 vs R15? After having a TiVo I'm wondering if perhaps I won't be disappointed with the R15.

I have used the R15 at CEDIA, CES and at a private meting for a few hours total, so I don't have a lot of hands on use. I can tell you some of the exclusive features the R15 has over TiVo.
1. Caller ID.
2. Viewmarks, that work like a bookmark.
3. 160 gig HD, w/60 gig for VOD
4. Interactive TV enabled
5. 90 min. live buffer
6. many upgrade planned

-Robert

damaged said:
I'm sure one wouldn't say they have the _highest_ price..;)
But from what I can see, if there are any lower, the difference would be miniscule, I've heard more good things than bad things about VE, and even the bad things weren't all that bad and were settled afaik when pointed out.

Thanks for the nice post and your kind words. I believe our additional 10% discount below the normal lowest prices, free shipping and no sales tax puts us at an aggressive cost savings.

Above all, delivering quality installation workmanship and setting our customer service standards very high are the most compelling advantages we provide.

-Robert

KingsFan said:
OK, one more try...

I just updated the page to include new DIRECTV subscriber offers.

-Robert

The R15 sounds good in those respects. The thought of more upgrades is intruiging, however can you advise on this subject.... The rumor is that the R15 cannot buffer both tuners at once like the TiVo does. I'm always jumping with the live Tv button channel to channel, esp. during football season. If the R15 does not have that as rumored then it is a terrible design oversite. Also, did they ever add a cue for save to VCR programs?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
I expect DIRECTV to ship on Monday and we should receive and ship on Tuesday.

-Robert

I think that is awesome. A good turnaround. You receive the boxes and ship them out the same day. Can't wait to get my tracking number wednesday and hopefully the box thursday.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Thanks for the nice post and your kind words. I believe our additional 10% discount below the normal lowest prices, free shipping and no sales tax puts us at an aggressive cost savings.

Above all, delivering quality installation workmanship and setting our customer service standards very high are the most compelling advantages we provide.

-Robert

There is no need for thanks, my posts do not solicit thanks or friendship, only to try and state the facts.

I'm glad you asked. I have good and bad news. And no I did not switch my auto insurance to GEICO.

You are coerect the R15 does not have a dual live buffer. Here's the good news. Due to pressure from this and other forums as well as yours truly, DIRECTV is developing the dual buffer feature and if all turns out as we expect we will have a firmware upgrade which will include this very important feature.

I don't know about the "Save to a VCR", but I would be surprised if the R15 won't have this feature.

-Robert

The rebate PDF file states that it expires on 11-5-2005. I heard that D* is extending the rebate so I assume that they will also provide a new rebate form. Is this correct?

I just got my rebate form in the mail for my hdtivo. Of course since it's on ebay and i am selling it I can't use it for that. I can use it for the r15, correct? I see where it expires in january so that's good news.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
I'm glad you asked. I have good and bad news. And no I did not switch my auto insurance to GEICO.

You are coerect the R15 does not have a dual live buffer. Here's the good news. Due to pressure from this and other forums as well as yours truly, DIRECTV is developing the dual buffer feature and if all turns out as we expect we will have a firmware upgrade which will include this very important feature.

I don't know about the "Save to a VCR", but I would be surprised if the R15 won't have this feature.

-Robert

Robert, I called your store a couple of minutes ago to ask a question. You've got some friendly people working the phones for you. I appreciated the lady's help.

Can someone explain this "dual buffer" thing to a newbie? I was all set to order when I read this thread. What does this mean to a non-technical guy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts