VENT: Is Dish Ever Going to Fix the FF Skip on DVR Recordings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This quirk annoys me on my ViP722 DVRs. Learning it continues on the Hopper has cooled my ardor. Oh well, I'm still waiting on manual timers and something in my personal life to be resolved before I make any decision on the H/J. I've just come to the conclusion that Dish has no intention to fix this problem.

The fast forward mega skip, as I like to call it, seems to be a bigger problem on SD recordings. I DVR Phineas and Ferb for my kids and forever deal with rewinding it for them. But when I fast forward my programs, such as Connan, I don't have too much issues.

I also think MPEG4 vs. MPEG2 encoding has a lot to do with it too. I never experienced a problem with it on my 625 on WA (SD only). When I swtiched to EA with my 722 is when I first noticed the problem. When I record OTA (MPEG2), I never notice the problem.

I have massive problems with my Hopper & Joeys in this area. I never saw it on any other receivers over the 12 years I have had Dish.

Yes. When you stop after FF it will skip ahead several minutes and you will have to then rewind to get back to the correct position. It is extremely frustrating.

Interesting. I tested a few DVR recordings of HD shows using both the FF and 30 second skip ahead buttons and could not reproduce this on my Joey.

I really thought this would have been corrected with the new sw, I was so wrong. When ff at high speed, no matter what point i stop it takes me to the end of the event. Really annoying and it happens on hopper and joey.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

So far Ive been running thru commercials at x15, then when I see my show start back I use the jump back arrow to stop. Works great.

I'll give that a shot and see....Worth a try anyways. I think the one show where this happens pretty consistently is America's Favorite Home Videos. I'm talking the newer ones on Sunday evenings...