Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/12/verizon-buys-aol/

Also got this email this morning from AOL.

Today is a very proud day for all of us here at AOL - as you may have read in the press, we announced this morning that Verizon is acquiring AOL.

Over the last 5 years, we have returned AOL to growth and outperformed the market (+150% since spin) by investing in the future of content, video and programmatic platforms. We now have the opportunity to turn our efforts and assets to a broader market with an exponentially larger opportunity through the combination of Verizon and AOL, which will create the company best positioned for the next generation of mobile and video. The new entity will combine world-class media and world-class technology across every device.

We believe this move will game change our ability to out-perform against your expectations as consumers continue to disrupt legacy consumption and viewership habits. Right out of the gate, here’s what we will soon be able to bring to you:

Massive global scale in addressable cross-screen audience (over 1.5B PCs, TVs and mobile devices touching 70% of U.S. Internet traffic)
Access to a larger premium, mobile and video-led content library
Deeper content marketing solutions
Accelerated investment in programmatic products and features
Increased monetization opportunities
It is an exciting continuation of our Culture and Code journey – now with greater scale, more resources and assets. On behalf of everyone at AOL and Verizon, we are thrilled to partner with you every step of the way.

Thanks as always for your continued partnership and support.

Best,
Tim Armstrong

I think Verizon wants AOL proprietary advertising algorithms. AOL does well enough for a mere shadow of what it once was: the bar is lower. It is a "boutique" "media company" and not even considered an On-line service anymore, nor has it been one for quite some time, now. Like the mores of the 19th century, this is a "good death" for AOL. FWIW, I never understood the old Time-Warner/AOL merger and figured it would rot soon after. I think even Prodigy is still around, but an even slimmer shadow of itself from the old days.

So will I need one of those CDs to amkea phone call now? I think i have 20 or 30 of them.

Reactions: Mr Tony
AOL is alive ?
Where have they been for the last 15-20 years ?

Them being bought out by Verizon is good for them ?

They basically got swallowed up by Verizon.
Unless they (aol) has something important to Verizon, bandwidth or something like that, I doubt you'll ever hear from aol again, then again I haven't heard from aol in the last 15 years anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)