Verizon FIOS might be coming to Illinois (chicago)

I think you're reading more into this then there is. Verizon and Insight cover a lot of the state outside the Chicago area so I think the writer was trying to say AT&T can compete with Comast (Chicago area) and Verizon can compete with Insight in their areas. IMHO, Verizon has enough areas where they're the ILEC that needs to get fibered up before looking to expand to areas where they'd be competing with the ILEC and cable company.

humm and in our local city council meeting Monday night, Verizon was a topic of discussion, and I'm not sure if it's FIOS or not, but they were talking about putting in fiber on the poles along Main Street into their building. I'm not a big wig on that, but to me it sounds like it's a big 1st step for FIOS here.

and no I am NO WHERE NEAR CHICAGO, just in case you may be asking. I'm 300 miles south of chicago.

humm and in our local city council meeting Monday night, Verizon was a topic of discussion, and I'm not sure if it's FIOS or not, but they were talking about putting in fiber on the poles along Main Street into their building. I'm not a big wig on that, but to me it sounds like it's a big 1st step for FIOS here.

and no I am NO WHERE NEAR CHICAGO, just in case you may be asking. I'm 300 miles south of chicago.

Who's your local telephone company???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)