Verizon / Motorola HD DVR HDMI "issue"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gtd542

Original poster
May 23, 2008
Have had Verizon FIOS for over a year using at Motorola STB and hdmi connection between a Sony Plasma and the DVR. Couple weeks ago at start up I had no picture nor sound, but the DVR was on and the TV was fine (checked it with a DVD). Came back to it a couple hours later, everything was fine. Thought the stb might be heating up since it's in a cabinet, so have left the cabinet door open since.

Yesterday same problem, this time waiting half a day didn't help (although this time I had sound, but no picture). Called Verizon tech support, and their answer was there is a "problem" with the hdmi connection between the Motorola DVR and Sony TV's (and Samsung and Tivo...). Requires you to switch to rca cables to use the box, let the HDMI processor "cool down" and then you can go back to it.

Is this the load of hogwash I think it is? The tech said an August 3 software update would fix it - how the heck will software fix a hardware issue connected to overheating?

fios motorola hdmi

Our issue with Fios and the Motorola DVR unit is not heat related. When our Sylvania 42" LCD TV is connected to the DVR with an HDMI cable, and you turn the TV off then on again, it sends a signal to the DVR that locks it up completely. The only way to recover is to disconnect the power from the DVR and then reboot it. As soon as you power the TV off then on again, it locks up the DVR again. We are forced to connect using Component cables.

Also, the universal remote that comes with the DVR has no code to control our TV, so we are forced to use multiple remotes - this really sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts