Verizon to get Iphone in 2009-2010?

This would require a hardware change in the phones. Possible, but I'm not putting my bet there. Surely AT&T got some sort of exclusivity lasting for years, not months, with their 3G iPhone "renewal."

This would require a hardware change in the phones. Possible, but I'm not putting my bet there. Surely AT&T got some sort of exclusivity lasting for years, not months, with their 3G iPhone "renewal."
Verizon will be rolling out there 4g network next year It wont be CDMA it will be GSM

Its about time. I have been following the iphone since its announcement, and I was supremely disappointed that it wasn't coming to Verizon when it was introduced, AT&T isn't very highly regarded here, the service sucks, frankly.

My NE2 is up in May, I might just hold off on making the move to a smartphone just yet. :cool:

Its about time. I have been following the iphone since its announcement, and I was supremely disappointed that it wasn't coming to Verizon when it was introduced, AT&T isn't very highly regarded here, the service sucks, frankly.

My NE2 is up in May, I might just hold off on making the move to a smartphone just yet. :cool:

Verizon's data plans are way more expensive that At&t.

actually the data plan for pda's is 30 dollars, which that is what ATT charges for the iphone as well.

I priced the same plan I have with Alltel and they were 30 dollars more for the same plan I have now.

Verizon has a pay as u go plan 1.99 a megabyte..

1.99 a megabyte would be very pricey for me as my data usage more than eclipses that. If i hadn't gotten unlimited data and text with the iPhone my last bill would have been delivered by forklift. :eek:

I thought AT&T had the exclusive on the iPhone for something like 5 years.

I gotta say this, all this ATT having the iphone for 5 years through a contract is just heresay, NO one has actually seen the contract nor commented on it, its just as of right now a myth going around alot of forums, and I believe only one person from the USA Today (i think) really even said its true, that is not enough to make it true. So now do I believe they have some sort of exclusivity worked out, yes, but how long who knows as other carriers already have it (non att carriers) the thing is they are all GSM so maybe there is a gsm exclusivity and not carrier.

There have also been rumors of an iPhone 'Lite' edition which might work for Verizon and other-non GSM/3G providers. A phone that does email and text only with applications and no web browsing. I would also think that if it were non-exclusive, they would put it on T-Mobile which runs the same technology as AT&T, and not a CDMA network like Verizon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)