Verizon (UTStarcom) XV6700 has arrived!

No, Shawn, not there but thanks for showing me where you have it. I'll check my wife's Treo700w when I get it the next time.
WM5 is a common base for these phones but the carrier's all have their own set of custom cabs that load when you do your hard reset. Treo700w looks nothing like my 6700 and I know the Sprint now has two Rom sets that are out there. Makes things confusing, doesn't it?

Just got back from a trip where I used the New XMRadio online service. It worked perfectly and I intentionally connected at the slow 1X speed and used the 64kbps connection, except for a couple of audio blackouts inb a no signal zone as I went down the highway, the sound was fabulous! For $7.99 a month this is good product. I dropped Smart TV ($12.95 / mo)for sling box ( no fee) and picked up XM radio online at ($7.99/mo) Save monet and expand my capability with the XV6700! I like that. .

Wireless Sync

You said that you get notified a few seconds after your home PC gets the email. How do you get it to do that? Do I use "Push" or "ReadySync" on the XV6700 settings? Please let me know how to set it up to notify me right away. Much thanks and great forum.

chunchma said:
Have any of you tried this holster?

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=304

I keep looking at it and want to try it. But I also like the soft cases...

Can't make up my darn feeble mind. :rolleyes:

I have that one and love it, it even works with my extended battery...

The problem with it is since its on a swivel clip I have lost about 5 stylus pens which easily fall out of the phone. :(

Battery Life

Hi,

I'm looking at replacing my current Verizon Wireless phone with the VX6700. One concern is the battery life. From the various posts here, it seems like it's not very long I'm mostly looking at the phone for the PDA functions and occationally using the Wifi. I'm not planning on getting a data plan right away. The second concern if the ringer volume not being loud enough so I'll hear it.

Also, has anyone had experience using this phone as a wireless modem on a Mac laptop? This is one feature that would be nice to have. I've seen posts dealing with Windows, but never OS X.

Thanks,

Leonard

Sounds like you would use yours kind of like I do. And battery life is just fine for me.

I think I've read some hacks that will allow you to tether the 6700 to a MAC.

Do a search on the forum below. And take this advice - search first - if you post a topic that has been addressed before, they're not very kind about it over there.

But there is LOTS of good info.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com

I have 3 batteries. The extended one is bigger and requires you use a different back and then you'll have a thicker phone which may be incompatible with some auto mounts and cases.

The third battery I bought is a second standard size one. I have a back pocket in my belt case that can carry this extra battery easily.

My problem with battery life is that I often need to work longer than a 6-7 hour day and the std. Battery just doesn't cut it. So having two in the field allows me to switch when one gets low. The extra large battery will run my usage for about 10-11 hours.

I have no problem with the volume. But, I added many of the registry hacks to increase both speaker volume and blue tooth volume. Please don't ask what they are because I don't remember. They are all well published on the two mentioned XV6700 sites.

I will tell you that wifi is the biggest battery hog. Plus, you can really extend your battery if you just remember to power down the phone when in the holster or not being used. Don't worry, if an inbound call comes in when powered down, it will come on automatically and ring you. I don't use a ringer. I use Voice command and when an inbound call wakes up the phone it announces who the call is from (Caller ID) Then I can decide whether to answer it or leave the phone in my belt holster. It is loud enough I can hear it that way but not in a noisy environment.

Hope these tips help.

Verizon XV6700 volume and today screen

I just had to reinstall everything on a new XV6700 because I broke the screen on my old one (don't ask.) I took the opportunity to upgrade using the UT Starcom Verizon upgrade and the thing flies now. I couldn't believe the short time it took to sync my thousands of contacts and emails. However, now that I have voice dialing, I'd like to put the launch for it on my today screen. Does anyone know how to add applications to the today screen. I have it in my start up menu, but would prefer not to even have to go there while driving. Wish I could launch it with a soft key or at least on the main today screen. If anyone knows how to do this, please help.

Also, has anyone figured out a way to increase the volume of the earpiece? Maybe I'm going deaf, but this new phone seems even softer and harder to hear than my old one I was using up to last Wednesday. I thought I remembered a hack giving you more volume options, but I can't find it now. Please help if you can.

C

You can up the volume somewhat in the registry file, but I'd have to dig myself for the actual hack on this one.

The add items is in: Start/settings/today/items. Select what you want. A nicer program is SPB Pocket Plus. It creates tabs for more shortcuts on the Today screen plus some other features.+

There is a new version of this phone coming out with double the memory and twice the speed called the XV6800. I saw one at CES from the MIcrosoft guy who was testing it. It also has skype compatibility and two cameras so you can use it for video skype, ie see your images as you are sending your picture as well. It also fixes some other complaints such as symultaneous wifi and phone radios on. It will replace the 6700 when out from both Verizon and Sprint.

Seems like there are a few people who have this phone. I am getting one real soon. It should arrive in the next few days. Any suggestions on what I should do first with the phone to make it better?

We should have a sticky thread somewhere with tips on how to make this phone better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts