Vermont Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheGatekeeper

Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Hey guys, I have a quick questions regarding the locals in my zip code, 05476 I had moved for a couple of years because i didn't want the extra dish. But now would like to take advantage of them, especially now I see that the HD versions are available.

I have one HR22 HD DVR and my other receivers are all 4 years old or so. What setup do I need? I have a 5 LNB dish, not the slimline, but the one right before that one. I think that would pick up the HD locals, but not the SD locals, right? And for SD I assume that I would still need a second dish. If I were to put one up, what else do I need to get the SD locals? I assume some kind of switch. Thanks guys.

Your HD locals will be coming from 99 or 103, and thus you'll need the Slimline dish. If your SD locals still come from the 72.5 slot then you'll need to add the WB68 multiswitch to combine them with the Slimline.

I don't know about your other receivers, but ALL 72.5 markets local are now all duplicated (even SD only ones) in MPEG4. If your other receivers are NOT MPEG4, what you really should do is move back via the movers connection. D* will come out to your "real" address now, & since you're in a 72.5 market, they will upgrade ANY other receivers on your account to MPEG4 at NO charge, since you are moving back. (just don't tell them you didn't actually physically move in the first place!) Also by doing this, you will NOT need the 2nd dish any longer. Also, you will actually end up getting ALL HD boxes to replace those other ones, even if they are now SD. (SD DVR's will be replaced w/HR2x's, SD receivers will be replaced w/H2x's) Because of this, you'll be ready for HD if you get any other new HD TV's.

I've done it this way for several clients here that "moved" back home & they were tickled that they got ALL new receivers FREE! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts