Versus Removed Sept 1 from DirecTV

Do you think they will get a deal done?

• Yes they Will before 9/1

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Yes they will, but after 9/1 but before 9/12

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • yes they will, but after 9/12 but in time for nhl season.

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • no they won't

Votes: 68 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
At the moment, I could care less whether VRS is included in the DTV package or not. Who's Comcast going to buy next (ESPN?). Since when did the video providers start owning the content they show on their systems?

Re VRS, I WILL care next July and the only thing I watch on VRS is the Tour de France.

At the moment, I could care less whether VRS is included in the DTV package or not. Who's Comcast going to buy next (ESPN?). Since when did the video providers start owning the content they show on their systems?

This, imo, is the root of the problem and unless/until something is done to prevent this from happening, this thing may spread to the RSN's like cancer.

DirecTV's guide on my box shows the channel lineup for 603 Versus for Tuesday 9/8 starting at 8pm with "Bloodspot" with Claude Van Damm

Since when did the video providers start owning the content they show on their systems?

When Murdoch bought D* several years ago one of the provisions the government put on it's approval of the deal was that Fox had to sell it's channels to D* and it's competitors at the same price.

When Murdoch bought D* several years ago one of the provisions the government put on it's approval of the deal was that Fox had to sell it's channels to D* and it's competitors at the same price.

Murdoch doesn't own them now, Liberty Media does.

you mean darth vader is still running the show which explains why D* for now has taken a few steps the wrong way.

People have been coming away with free months of some of the movie channels. However, I don't believe that directv really considers this a lost channel based on an article posted in another thread. They are claiming to be treating this as if it was new channel now. As a result, they are trying to get a feel for the demand in the market for the channel. Which means the only way to get this channel back is for atleast several million non sports pack subscribers have to call up and complain about them not having this channel.
I'm wondering what calling DirecTV to complain about the loss of Versus will get me? Anyone try it yet?

you mean darth vader is still running the show which explains why D* for now has taken a few steps the wrong way.

Malone buying D* has been about the worse thing that has ever happened to D*. About the only positive thing is the possibility of Tivo coming back since the worse thing about Murdoch buying D* was the conversion to DVRs with software written by NDS.

Malone buying D* has been about the worse thing that has ever happened to D*. About the only positive thing is the possibility of Tivo coming back since the worse thing about Murdoch buying D* was the conversion to DVRs with software written by NDS.

The whole idea here was to get D* using D* branded equipment, this way they save money not having to pay others for thier recvrs, one that had to have D*'s approval anyways.

I personally preferred the Non D* branded recvr's, you actually had options in your recvr's, which gui did you like best and so forth.

Sony, RCA, Samsung, Hughes ect.

Versus

Even though I'm a sports fan, although not much of a hockey fan, I will not miss Versus one bit, I can still follow my NY Islanders on my local FSN, granted maybe a few playoff games will be missed that aren't on NBC but 99.9% of the programming had zero interest to me, sorry

Yea, but if you DID watch something on Versus you care about you would be royally pissed that they cut it off. I am an avid Indy fan and with only 3 races left in the season am so mad I can't see straight. Lets see how flippant you are if your precious NY Islanders on your FSN were suddenly gone...
Geesh, its the principle of the thing, it might be my channel this round, but something you care about next time. So have a little decency and not be so callous.

Now for something completely different,from out of left field,stop me if you heard this one before: The conspiracy theorist in me believes that this is all just a ploy to keep us distracted from what all is going on in the world & this country. D*,Versus/Comcast,& our government are all in cahoots working to keep us preoccupied with the D*-Versus debate while the government slips past unpopular laws without us noticing. Once this is all accomplished,D* & Versus will suddenly have a "sweetheart" deal with each other,& after we stop looking at this & notice what else occurred while we were preoccupied,we say,"what just happened?"
Just a little levity to loosen up the tension.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)