Versus Removed Sept 1 from DirecTV

Do you think they will get a deal done?

• Yes they Will before 9/1

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Yes they will, but after 9/1 but before 9/12

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • yes they will, but after 9/12 but in time for nhl season.

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • no they won't

Votes: 68 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is a MAJOR DEAL breaker for me.. I will leave Dtv in a heart beat, if Dtv cuts VS's... It is the only place to watch Pro Cycling......

I wouldn't panic just yet.
Many of these issues go down to the midnight hour before getting worked out.

Has there been a shut off date named yet ?

Only time I watch it is for the NHL and would not watch it at all if the NHL were to move back to ESPN or somewhere else, thats said, I still would not want them to lose the channel.

the la times headline is misleading. the crux of the story is that negotiations are ongoing as the contract expires next week. then there's a quote from robert mercer that directv overpays for versus now and the increase isn't justified, given it ranks near the bottom of channels viewd on directv.

Right now I'm deciding on what satellite service to get. I'm torn on this issue. I really would like to have Versus. But at same time I also want Gol TV which Dish doesn't have. I just hope Directv can come to terms to keep the channel so I will be able to have both.

This is a MAJOR DEAL breaker for me.. I will leave Dtv in a heart beat, if Dtv cuts VS's... It is the only place to watch Pro Cycling......

Boy, you talk about a niche customer!

I know some will have a problem with losing this channel but personally i don't ever watch it so see ya................

"DirecTV is currently in a programming dispute with the popular sports channel Versus. For more details please CLICK HERE."

I would like to see a show of hands as to how many people think Versus is "popular".......I know most hockey fans do not :(

I would like to see a show of hands as to how many people think Versus is "popular".......I know most hockey fans do not :(
Uhh.. what?

I know it was a few months ago so some may have forgotten, but half of the Stanley Cup playoff games were exclusively on Versus.

So if you're a hockey fan that for some reason doesn't like the post-season, then maybe you can get by without Versus.

Uhh.. what?

I know it was a few months ago so some may have forgotten, but half of the Stanley Cup playoff games were exclusively on Versus.

So if you're a hockey fan that for some reason doesn't like the post-season, then maybe you can get by without Versus.

Yes, I wasn't sure what he was getting at either, seeing VS IS the HOME for the NHL.

That said, those that watched VS for the playoffs watched it there ONLY because they could not get it anywhere else.

IF I have the option, I'll watch the local RSN in HD, the RSN usually have the rights to the first 2 rounds.

Jimbo

Yes, I wasn't sure what he was getting at either, seeing VS IS the HOME for the NHL.

That said, those that watched VS for the playoffs watched it there ONLY because they could not get it anywhere else.

IF I have the option, I'll watch the local RSN in HD, the RSN usually have the rights to the first 2 rounds.

Jimbo

Right on Jimbo....Versus coverage sucks...... their announcers and production are lacking. I love hockey, but cannot stand Versus.

Right on Jimbo....Versus coverage sucks...... their announcers and production are lacking. I love hockey, but cannot stand Versus.

That's not the issue though. ESPN Sunday Night baseball sucks when Luis Tiant comes on a couple of weeks ago and the announcers stop announcing the game for an entire inning to promote an ESPN special. ESPN Monday Night football sucks as well.

But we would not want to lose ESPN, as like it or not that is the only place to see those games. Same thing applies to Versus.

Like it or not, Versus is the only place to watch games that are exclusively on Versus.

Sandra

I know some will have a problem with losing this channel but personally i don't ever watch it so see ya................
Neither do I. All USC games are shown on ABC, NBC, FSN West and PrimeTicket, or ESPN here in LA. Not a single game is on Versus.

Plus what I have seen, the games on Versus are not all that good anyway.

I don't watch Versus much either but I think it would suck to lose a channel. D* hasn't added much HD since D11 went up last year and losing one would be taking a step backwards. It also would suck for those that do like the channel. Just because I don't like or watch a channel doesn't mean other people wouldn't get something out of it.

I don't watch Versus much either but I think it would suck to lose a channel. D* hasn't added much HD since D11 went up last year and losing one would be taking a step backwards. It also would suck for those that do like the channel. Just because I don't like or watch a channel doesn't mean other people wouldn't get something out of it.
I agree !
Verses as much as the Very Few D* customers that claim they wouldn't miss it, Would be a Fairly big loss if the channel was dropped.
D* would be dumb to let this channel disappear.
I doubt they will!:)

They could drop the channel for all I care. I never watch it.

Hey!! If they drop Versus HD can they add ESPNU HD to make up for it?!!! That would be sweet and I know alot of people would take that trade.

I didn't know Hockey was still around? Didn't they go on strike and take a huge hit in fan base?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)