Versus Removed Sept 1 from DirecTV

Do you think they will get a deal done?

• Yes they Will before 9/1

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Yes they will, but after 9/1 but before 9/12

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • yes they will, but after 9/12 but in time for nhl season.

Votes: 94 42.5%
  • no they won't

Votes: 68 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I may lose the channel tonight, when directv pulls it. However, I will gain it back either way on Friday when local cable company comes to hook cable up. Then I will keep both until Directv gets versus back. Lets hope this is short outage on Directv.

"We are getting word from unofficial sources at DirecTV that Versus will be removed tonight at Midnight."

from SatelliteGuys twitter.

SADLY, IT IS GONE :rant:

Attachments

• ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 200
I have no idea what versus charges in their existing agreement, but lets use an example:

25 center per sub (just an example).

They are asking for 30 cents per sub instead of 25.

You mean to tell me that all the added programming since the last contract isn't worth that small an amount. Even if my numbers are half, we're talking a DIME per sub.

It gets even worse - this isn't per ALL directv subscribers, just those with Choice Extra. I'd say that less than 50% pay for the Xtra package over the standard choice package.

That would mean for an example, lets say 9 million.

If my math is right we're talking about $5 Million dollars a year?

Doesn't seem like too much, 20%?

Guess it just depends on which side you fall on as to which group is unresonable.
Personally I'd like to see them pay less per subscriber and move it to the Choice package so more people get it.

Just a poblem that if every channel I get went up by 10 cents I would be paying 25.00 more a month it does add up.

The Versus bandwidth would be much better utilized with ESPNU HD. But, I am in SEC territory. That makes me bias.

Ya if it was dish, it would have gotten yanked no matter what. What's even sadder is Directv cant even catchup to what other providers are offering especally with HD movie channels, or even accept honest feedback from subscribers who truely care.

Instead you get rewarded for kissing their behinds. If directv had any sort of cohuna's they would have manned up and not removed this channel, as coustomers loose in the end. HEY DIRECTV what are you replacing this channnel with? Oh yea a crapy slate.

Ya if it was dish, it would have gotten yanked no matter what. What's even sadder is Directv cant even catchup to what other providers are offering especally with HD movie channels, or even accept honest feedback from subscribers who truely care.

Instead you get rewarded for kissing their behinds. If directv had any sort of cohuna's they would have manned up and not removed this channel, as coustomers loose in the end. HEY DIRECTV what are you replacing this channnel with? Oh yea a crapy slate.

Didn't E* drop it when it was OLN, and isn't it back now as VS? :confused: I think it is possible it could return in the future. As for D*, I am not sure anymore what they are doing; I agree what you are saying about catching up with what other providers are offering. We recently switched to E* because we were not watching D* at all since there was nothing interesting on; we love all the movie channels on E*. At one time, we were happy with D*, but lately, it just got boring honestly. It was very upsetting to see a press release from D* in which they did not come through with HD movie channels [http://dtv.client.shareholder.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=286351].Cable is not any better (except for not having to sign a contract...that is about it, though...), and we really only had those three choices. They asked who we were going with when canceled and told them since they really wanted to know. What is sad is that they wanted to give us all these promotions to keep us, and they told us they could offer the same as E*. We still think D* is a better alternative to cable, but we find it suits sports fans rather than movie fans. I think NFL Sunday Ticket is what is keeping D* alive, and I think those fans are getting others to join because they are telling everyone how great it is. That is what happened to us, but we are not big on sports except for maybe local teams. I was surprised at home much sports we still get with E* in their Gold 250 pack with the HD & Platinum add-on pack: ESPN (HD), ESPNews (HD), ESPN Classic, ESPN 2(HD), ESPN U, Fox Soccer Channel [did not get this one with D* before], Speed (HD), Versus (HD), CBS College Sports Network (HD) [which D* took away and gave back], Outdoor Channel [D* took this anyway claiming it was a free preview and could be purchased at $1.99/month a la carte instead], NFL Network (HD), Fuel TV, Tennis Channel (HD), Golf Channel (HD), NBA TV (HD) [which D* totally kept taking away and giving back and taking away], NHL (HD), Horse Racing TV, and TVG Network. We also get our regional and collegiate sports networks including our FSN and another local sports network (which we did not get with D*). There are even more sports packs including a $5.99 multisports pack (which is supposed to have the new NFL Red Zone Cheannel).

I am at a relative's (who wishes she could get out of her D* contract to go to E*) and can see Versus with the following message:
Versus is no longer available on this channel.
Comcast, which owns Versus, has forced us to take down the channel because we will not submit to their unfair and outrageous demands. For more information go to www.directv.com/versus

Oh, the wonderful Sirius XM: The Pulse is playing as music in the background.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)