Very Confused about Distant Nets

Status
Please reply by conversation.
can we call this confusing cleared now?

I'm not confused. I know what is being installed here in MN. Northern MN does 5 LNB because locals SD are on 119. You came in after everything was settled and for lack of a better term threadcrapped about what you can get in SD. LOok where the OP is...Montana

Active Satellites

Directv currently has a total of 9 active DBS and FSS class satellites in various orbital locations:
  • 72.5° W.L. - Directv 1R (Locals, HDTV)
  • 99.2° W.L. - Spaceway 2 (Ka FSS Band - Locals, HDTV)
  • 101° W.L. - Directv 8, 4-S, 9-S (Core programming, Locals)
  • 102.8° W.L. - Spaceway 1, Directv 10 (Ka FSS Band - Locals, HDTV)
  • 110° W.L. - Directv 5 (Core programming, Locals, HDTV)
  • 119° W.L. - Directv 7-S (Locals, HDTV)
Retired Satellites

still say there isnt a 102????

we call that 103...hell look at the pic YOU posted that clearly says 103...go look at your 1st post and tell me what it says on the LNB

you know what.... i dont give a rats ass.. i didnt even do that part of rapid city to know...

i do what i do at where i am. (not MN) and thats fine if theres no "102".. lets just drop it.

even if there was one, its no longer used since now (for multiples of time i had said this) the transition to digital is switched over...

to an active directv installer vs a mr know it all.....

damn....

and for the RECORD.. i never said I HAD 102 broadcasting at my house, did i?

you know what.... i dont give a rats ass..
obviously you do because
1. you threadcrapped on the OP's thread with somewthing that had NOTHING to do with his issues
2. You keep saying it

i do what i do at where i am. (not MN) and thats fine if theres no "102".. lets just drop it.
ok ;)

even if there was one, its no longer used since now (for multiples of time i had said this) the transition to digital is switched over...
there is no 102 and the digital transition had nothing to do with that

to an active directv installer vs a mr know it all.....
I dont know it all but I'm not going to give bad info to a member here :)

*sigh* my god, call the RAPID CITY DIRECTV OFFICE and ask them what SAT they were using or currently using.. bc like i said, they were a ONE DISH MARKET (west river) while east river (Sioux falls) was a TWO dish market til the digital transaction took over. now the east river is now a one dish market on a slimline 5LNB dish.

i dont know why this is confusing but that is how they were set up.. directv told them and trained them this way. 102... 102.. 102...

a guy i worked side by side for a long time moved to spearfish (practically north of rapid city) and told me he is to lock his dishes at 102 sat.

ive never EXPERINCED this.. he did and told me.

[edit]

Active Satellites

Directv currently has a total of 9 active DBS and FSS class satellites in various orbital locations:
  • 72.5° W.L. - Directv 1R (Locals, HDTV)
  • 99.2° W.L. - Spaceway 2 (Ka FSS Band - Locals, HDTV)
  • 101° W.L. - Directv 8, 4-S, 9-S (Core programming, Locals)
  • 102.8° W.L. - Spaceway 1, Directv 10 (Ka FSS Band - Locals, HDTV)
  • 110° W.L. - Directv 5 (Core programming, Locals, HDTV)
  • 119° W.L. - Directv 7-S (Locals, HDTV)
Retired Satellites

The following Directv satellites have been retired or de-orbited and are no longer in service.
  • Directv-2, retired and de-orbited May 2007
  • Directv-3, retired October 2002, leased to Telesat Canada as Nimiq-3
  • Directv-6, damaged in 1997, retired and de-orbited August 2006
[/edit]

guess it still exist. still say there isnt a 102????

Technically there is not a 110 for DirecTV by your terms either. It would be 109 by your terms.

No worries LOL I had no idea that my thread would cause a ruckus. I will try an ota antenna. In the begining I was only with Bell TV and have 2 9242's(Dish VIP 622) and a old 5900(Dish 510) one of the 9242's are at my Plentywood home and since im mostly in Canada I never bothered with Dish & DTV, being that Bell uses Dish Net equipment I have grown to love Dish equipment I think they have the best HD DVR's out there. I came to the breaking point with canadian tv and all the sim-subbing via CTV & Global TV over NBC,ABC,CBS,FOX when ever they show the same shows at the same time(Trust me its bad). I finally though I should take advantage of being a American citizen and get a sub. I was originally going to go with Dish because of there wonderful equipment, but then was told that I would get locals from Minot and not national feeds which is fine when im in Plentywood but doesn't serve all my needs per say. SO I called DTV and they said that I can get national feeds from them so I bought 2 HR22-100's and a H20 later on. I also managed to buy an extra Slimline 5 to set up at my other home & brought one of the HR22's with me and the rest is history

Last edited:
I came to the breaking point with canadian tv and all the sim-subbing via CTV & Global TV over NBC,ABC,CBS,FOX when ever they show the same shows at the same time(Trust me its bad).

I'm aware of it. Thats why I went to Shaw (Starchoice) 3 years ago. I was sick of the dual simsubbing (both E & W nets) by inferior Global, CTV feeds...even TSN!!

Have my address in Ft Frances, ON so no simsubs :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HRX phone / data hookup

Direct TV 5 LNB Slimline Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)