Very Sad News....RIP FaT Air

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
It is with a very heavy heart that I sit and post this. I have been contacted by a couple of members asking about FaT Air. I myself have sent emails to his personal email. With no replies today I started digging deeper.
We knew him here as FaT Air, to his friends he was known as BJ the rock and roller and cat lover.

He was a very active member here and even wrote a manual on how to set-up a BUD.
He will be greatly missed here. Below is the Obit and other info of interest about him.
He last logged on here August 13th. Some time that day he died suddenly of an aortic aneurysm.
I would like to think he was doing what he loved and browsing SatelliteGuys at his last moments.
May he Rest In Peace. :(

Here is the Obit: http://www.grandforksherald.com/obituaries/4098664-robert-bj-bork
Here is his FTA page: http://fatair.webs.com/

Everyone please post of your experiences you have had with FaT.
I myself asked him one time awhile back about what the heck wisegise is. He had posted something about it somewhere. He told be it was a rock and roll band in Grand Fork, ND. He was hardly ever seen on stage, but was always there with them as he was their sound man, signage etc.
We also exchanged PM's and emails about FTA stuff over the years he was a wise gise. :)
He also bought a few LNBF's and switches, and such from me.
We are sure gonna miss him.

EDIT: Found a better obituary and memorial page:
http://www.duborefuneralhome.com/notices/Robert-BJ-Bork

Last edited:
I was one who was inquiring about his recent absence, sure hate to hear this.

Didn't realize he was in the classic rock biz like me.

He was one of the old C-Band guys from the heyday, and had probably forgotten more about BUD installs than I will ever know.

Rock on, FaT Air.

Fat Air was a wonderful guy....one of a kind I might add! May he rest in peace.

Very sad news. :( When I joined Satellite Guys back in 2013 FaT Air was the first to reply to my initial post on the site. He has helped me and many others over the years and will be missed. Rest In Peace. :tombstone

If you have already read the first post please go back and click on the link I added at the bottom. A much better page about him.

If you have already read the first post please go back and click on the link I added at the bottom.
I appreciate you digging this up.

We go along assuming we know all we need to know and something bad has to happen to find out the truth.

:( FatAir was also the first one to reply when I posted in April getting started with FTA. It was his suggestions that helped me pick out what I bought. From all I've seen, it looks like we've lost someone great.

Hi All,

I'm saddened by this news. FatAir was very helpful this year, in helping me get my dish up and running.
He even said to me that if he had the money, he'd take a one day flight out to the Cape and back home again just to help me with my dish.
Fifty nine is way too young. I hope he's at peace. A genuinely nice guy that I wish I had known better.

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)