Very Satisfied with DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcdgoad123

Original poster
Nov 3, 2006
I was surfing the web this moring and found out that this weekends Michigan football game is going to be televised on ESPNU, and on DirectTv this channel is only available by purchasing the sports package for $12 per month. I decided to call customer retention to see what they could do for me. I politely told the representative that Dish network includes ESPNU in the Top 180 package, and I asked him if Direc tv would be adding this channel soon to the regular packages. The rep then said. How about I give you the sports package for free for a year. He then said that he would immediately give me a credit for $144 to my bill. I then asked if I could add a second DVR for free and he said no problem. I am very happy with Directv. Customer retention is awesome!!

I was surfing the web this moring and found out that this weekends Michigan football game is going to be televised on ESPNU, and on DirectTv this channel is only available by purchasing the sports package for $12 per month. I decided to call customer retention to see what they could do for me. I politely told the representative that Dish network includes ESPNU in the Top 180 package, and I asked him if Direc tv would be adding this channel soon to the regular packages. The rep then said. How about I give you the sports package for free for a year. He then said that he would immediately give me a credit for $144 to my bill. I then asked if I could add a second DVR for free and he said no problem. I am very happy with Directv. Customer retention is awesome!!

Free sports package and a free dvr doesn't make sense accounting wise. It justs adds to the cost of customer retention, and affects the bottom line. They should have given you a 6 month free trial.

Free sports package and a free dvr doesn't make sense accounting wise. It justs adds to the cost of customer retention, and affects the bottom line. They should have given you a 6 month free trial.

Maybe you should bring that up at the next D* shareholders meeting.

Let the guy enjoy his free stuff.

They're giving away lots of DVRs-I got three.

Of course, I also send D* about $1500 per year.

Gee, I guess I don't feel so bad afterall, I send them about $ 1100 a year, I guess I am in the ball park afterall, Now if I can just find time to watch it !!!

Jimbo

Yep $1500 would be easy, close to NFL, S/F and TC Prem. I have those and the NBA package and 5 TV's as well.

Last edited:
Yep $1500 would be easy, close to NFL, S/F and TC Prem. I have those and the NBA package and 5 TV's as well.

As you mentioned, spending MORE would be easy, but not practical, I don't have the NHL C.I. package yet., been debating if it would be worthwhile to me.

Jimbo

They're giving away lots of DVRs-I got three.

Of course, I also send D* about $1500 per year.

I love D* Retention too... I got 2 HR20-700's for $99.00 with a $99.00 Programming credit, which makes them free!! and got $20 monthly knocked of my TC-Premier package , and 6 mos of the HD Package for free!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.