Very slow transfer from Hopper to ehd

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
I'm working with DIRT to upgrade to 2 HWS's. On1 Hopper, I'm getting extremely slow transfer rates. It is taking 30-40 min to transfer a 1 hour recording. On my other Hopper 9 hours will transfer in less than an hour. Both have almost identical set ups. Going through the same model usb hub. The one with the problem has a 2gb WD My Book. The other has a 750mb Seagate. Any ideas. I just bought a 2nd 2tb WD in case I don't have enough space on the first.
Anu ideas?

I had really slow transfers for 2 1TB drives, approaching real-time. For each I cleared everything off the drive and allowed the partition and directories to be re-written. They now seem OK but I have less confidence in them. I have 11 cased and 4 plug-in drives from .75 to 2TB and not a lot of space left so I need them all to work.
-Ken

Now it seems the Hopper is back to normal transfer speed. Maybe I was trying to transfer to much at once. I'm doing it in smaller blocks. Just have to get everything off by the 26th. Morning of the 27th I' replacing the 2 Hoppers with 2 HWS's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts