Very strange 622 delivery

Cold Irons

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
Are others out there getting their 622's from a "normal" UPS delivery or something similar?? Or was it delivered by an unidentified guy in a car......

Thought I heard a knock at the front door yesterday afternoon. As I was headed towards the door, saw a guy walking thru the yard away from the front porch. Opened the door & discovered my Vip622 sitting on the front porch & the delivery guy (no uniform or anything) was already near an older, beat-up compact car idling in the road in front of my house :confused: ......

Yelled out "Thanks!" to the guy & he pulled his head out of the car & yelled "Sure....do you know where Tomahawk Drive is?" as he was looking at another (much smaller box) in his hands. Told him (he'd just passed it not 50 yards before my house) and he got in the car & went back down the road.

Very strange - I get deliveries to my house from UPS & FedEx fairly often. This was an old, unmarked car with some 20-something kid dropping off the 622 in plain view on the front porch - Ouch! Glad I was home at the time.

Now if I could just get it installed before the end of Apri!:mad:

Yeah that is strange, but during XMAS time UPS has used trucks and cars to get packages out, very strange, but UPS may have hired a outside courier to bring you your 622!

Yeah - was a little suprising that he'd leave it on the front porch. I've talked to the regular UPS guy & he always comes around to the rear of the house & leaves packages on the screened porch - not secure, but at least out of sight....

Cold Irons said:
Yeah - was a little suprising that he'd leave it on the front porch. . ..
Mine was left on my front porch yesterday. Quiet residential neighborhood.

I'm surprised no signature was required - heck, I have to sign for dog bones if I order them on-line.

EDIT: I might add that we ordered the upgrade on the 3rd of March, the install is scheduled for the 1st of May and we receivred the receiver on March 10th. This early delivery would not seem consistent with there being a shortage of 622's.

Last edited:
I bet the real UPS guy mis-delivered your and the tomahawk drive packages to Mr "unidentified guy in a car" and he was just being nice and getting them to the right place.

Two weeks ago I ordered some stuff and it was shipped in two packages. I folowed their progress on UPS.com and saw they were both delivered. When I got home, there was only one. Several hous later, a neighbor from about 10 houses down (that I had never met) shows up with my package that was left at her house. What's funny is the guy had two packages from the same source to deliver and delivered one of them to the wrong house.

The worst case of misdelivery I had was when we had USPS hold our mail for two weeks while we were on vacation. When we got back and asked them to deliver all of our mail, they only gave us a couple of letters. A few phone calls and visits to the post office later, we still had no mail (I knew three Blockbuster online DVDs where supposed to be delivered). A few days later another neigher, from about 3 streets over, shows up with all of our mail. They had been out of town too and the post officec delivered all of their mail and our mail to them when they returned.

While in college, I spent my Christmas breaks working for UPS. The center I worked for would often send out their "air" packages via a sorter who has just finished loading his trucks. The packages were usually delivered via the sorter's personal vehicle. Some of the next day air packages must be delivered by 11AM. Someone on your route probably had one of those packages and they just sent out all of the air packages in your neighboorhood.

Well....was out for a run this afternoon & coming back to the house I found the "real" UPS man. He was leaving a box in the back of my house....thought for a minute that I'd hit the jackpot & got two 622's....but it was just the empty box to return my 942!

He was already back in the truck ready to pull out of the driveway, so didn't get a chance to ask about the delivery the day before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts