Very Strange Evening

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I turned on the tv shortly after 5 tonight and got the 775 error code on the HR24 it said something about a cabling issue, I then checked all the other receivers and they were also saying the same thing, so I went and checked all the cabling inside the house including the power inserter and the SWS8. It was all tight & secure, I unplugged the power inserter and rebooted all the receivers to no avail. I decided against getting out the latter and checking the dish itself and was going to call & schedule a service call tomorrow. We were watching Bell the rest of the night and I forgot about leaving the bedroom TV on. I was just in there a while ago and the H24 was now working. I checked the other receivers and they are all working now. Something is faulty I'm just not sure what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a loose connection to the power inserter or from the dish.

775 means SWM network not found. On all TVs would likely indicate a problem somewhere between the power inserter and the SWM8. Usually what I see causing intermittent 775 is a loose connection outside allowing water to get in and shorting out the connection.

Assuming you have a grey power inserter and the light is green, all electrical connections are solid I would start checking every connector from the power inserter, both sides of the wall plate, outside at the splitter (if there is one) and on the SWM8. All those should need a 7/16" wrench to loosen. If you can, pull the wall plate off and make sure the barrel isn't completely see through. The connection in there can open up if it is an old or crappy quality barrel and it won't keep a good connection. If any connectors are blackened inside they need to be cut off and replaced.

Thanks I'm going to double check all connections. I have everything inside the house so that should make it easier. I'm thinking I might pick up one of those SWM 13 LNBs I see on eBay for a spare.

Your SWM multi switch is the SWM8 on the side of your house and you have to have 4 lines from the LNB. With any sort of SWM LNB the SWM multi switch is contained in the LNB so you would only need 1 line from the LNB directly into a splitter. You would also need a 21v power inserter for a SWM LNB.

I didn't know those were on eBay, we don't have them in my market yet. I might have to pick one up to play with.

Since all of your receivers/dvrs show a 775 error, it's likely a loose cable between the dish and the power inserter. It could be further down the line, but it involves the connection with the power inserter, or the inserter itself. Was the power light illuminated on the PI?

The green light was on. I unplugged it & plugged it back in to seemingly no avail. The signal did not come back right away and I still got the 775 error and after a few minutes I switched over to Bell, so I don't know exactly when it all came back.

Most likely a loose connection between the PI and the dish.

He has a SWM8, if there was an issue with the LNB that should be 771. Could also be faulty SWM8. It isn't mounted in a hot location or in direct sunlight is it?

You can get a 775 from a faulty lnb as well as a 771.

That's correct a faulty lnb can cause 775. But on the SWM 8 switch is the power inserter hooked up on the switch or is the PI behind your TV?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I woke up this morning and turned on the tv to find the same 775 message on screen so after work I braved the cooler temperatures and climbed up to the dish. Where I have it mounted I don't even have to get off the ladder. Anyway it was a bad cable at the LNB that was the problem. I replaced it and was immediately good to go after that.

Reactions: cinsu
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts