Vi722HD DVR second tv no digital signal

James Phelps

Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Dish Network support is telling me that our second TV run off the 722HD DVR using coaxial cable cannot receive a digital signal, and definitely cannot receive HD. Does this sound correct? I got a bit worried when I setup the TV and saw analog signal.

Dish Network support is telling me that our second TV run off the 722HD DVR using coaxial cable cannot receive a digital signal, and definitely cannot receive HD. Does this sound correct? I got a bit worried when I setup the TV and saw analog signal.

All the HD outputs are active so it is possible to run an HDMI cable to your second HDTV,while using the Component cable with audio cables for your main HDTV.That's how alot of Dish Network HD subscribers make it work(HD to a second HDTV).The only other way is get another HD receiver for the second HDTV,then you will have a additional receiver fee on your bill(the price of the additional receiver fee depends on the receiver you choose as your second receiver.) Good Luck!.:)

All the HD outputs are active so it is possible to run an HDMI cable to your second HDTV,while using the Component cable with audio cables for your main HDTV.That's how alot of Dish Network HD subscribers make it work(HD to a second HDTV).The only other way is get another HD receiver for the second HDTV,then you will have a additional receiver fee on your bill(the price of the additional receiver fee depends on the receiver you choose as your second receiver.) Good Luck!.:)

I think I'll just have to suffer. The bedroom is 75 feet or more from the receiver, and I don't think I want to invest that much money and effort just to have HD in the bedroom. If I did choose this route, I would have independent HD for both televisions, correct?

As an installing retailer, I am starting to get fed up with these dual tuners.. Almost everyone we install for now have all new flat screen tv's. And the TV2 signal looks like crap on most of these TV's. Get with Technology Dish..

I think I'll just have to suffer. The bedroom is 75 feet or more from the receiver, and I don't think I want to invest that much money and effort just to have HD in the bedroom. If I did choose this route, I would have independent HD for both televisions, correct?

No. This is for those that don't need both TVs on at the same time.For both TVs on at the same time and working independently you would need another receiver or TV2 from your Duo DVR.

If your second TV is under 40" Dish Network's MPEG4 SD PQ on TV2 has been no problem for most,it's when you go larger than 40" that brings out the visual differences between Dish Network's MPEG4 HD and SD PQ.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts