Vick Attended Dogfight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Last year Vick and the Falcons beat the Steelers, his passing was impressive in that game. If he can do that against a very good Steeler defense, then he should be able to do that on a consistent basis. Vick doesn't do that on a consistent basis, this year we will find out if Vick goes to jail or suspended for a year, if it's him or the team.

We'll see if Harrington can pass more efficient then Vick, and if Dunn and the others can run the ball better without Vick.

IMO Vick is way overrated, even before his screwup, he is just very marketable....well......use to be.:rolleyes:

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner! Vick WAS an extremely talented QB without a clue about how to be a great player. WHEN he's convicted, nobody but Salsa will miss him. Lesser QB's have done more with less.

I too, think he's overrated. However, he is still a very good quarterback. I sincerely hope the league treats him as a pariah when he gets out of prison. He'll probably end up playing in a Canadian league.

Last year Vick and the Falcons beat the Steelers, his passing was impressive in that game. If he can do that against a very good Steeler defense, then he should be able to do that on a consistent basis. Vick doesn't do that on a consistent basis, this year we will find out if Vick goes to jail or suspended for a year, if it's him or the team.

We'll see if Harrington can pass more efficient then Vick, and if Dunn and the others can run the ball better without Vick.

IMO Vick is way overrated, even before his screwup, he is just very marketable....well......use to be.:rolleyes:

Breaking news: vick to plead guilty to dogfighting charges

just breaking on espn. understand his plea hearing will be august 27. stay tuned!

time for monday's trial in richmond is 10:30 am. talking heads at espn are saying probably a 12 to 18 month jail term in a federal pen.

Probabily the only smart thing he has done in this whole mess, was to take the plea agreement. Just another idiot who had it all, and pissed it all away. Goodbye Michael Vick.... MORON. Whatever he's getting won't be enough.

sounds like the feds did their homework and backed him into a corner as did the nfl. his only real option was to take whatever deal they are going to give him........not what he wanted.

listening to an african-american reporter from the atlanta newspaper who says that vick's african-american fan base in atlanta still think he's being mistreated!!

But but Vick was the only football player worth watching. Watching greats like Montana, Young, Elway, Brady, etc. is not enough. I must know my star is also a dirt bag, living on the edge. Football will never be the same. I dont know if I can watch without this ONE individual. He will be sorely missed. :p

Ok, I am over it. Bring on the NFL!! :D Lets hope this story becomes a minor footnote pretty quick. I am sick of it. :eek:

sounds like the feds did their homework and backed him into a corner as did the nfl. his only real option was to take whatever deal they are going to give him........not what he wanted.

listening to an african-american reporter from the atlanta newspaper who says that vick's african-american fan base in atlanta still think he's being mistreated!!

Decorum keeps me from commenting on your last line. I'm sure vurbano and salsa will have plenty to say though.

But but Vick was the only football player worth watching. Watching greats like Montana, Young, Elway, Brady, etc. is not enough. I must know my star is also a dirt bag, living on the edge. Football will never be the same. I dont know if I can watch without this ONE individual. He will be sorely missed. :p

Ok, I am over it. Bring on the NFL!! :D Lets hope this story becomes a minor footnote pretty quick. I am sick of it. :eek:

I'm sure in 5 years, Salsa will be saying how Vick is getting jobbed for not gaining admission into the Hall of Fame, because of this conviction.

I too, think he's overrated. However, he is still a very good quarterback. I sincerely hope the league treats him as a pariah when he gets out of prison. He'll probably end up playing in a Canadian league.

Canadians know a scumbag when they see one too. I don't see pro football in this guy's future, maybe in a Federal pen. league....

talking heads at espn are saying probably a 12 to 18 month jail term in a federal pen.

He'll be out in 6 months. I've said from the beginning that he would serve less than one year. He's got way too much money to pay expensive lawyers for this not be the case.

worse yet, arena football!.

meanwhile, atlanta is in deep do do because dj shockley blew out his acl saturday night and he's done for the season. that leaves joey harrington and whom?

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner! Vick WAS an extremely talented QB without a clue about how to be a great player. WHEN he's convicted, nobody but Salsa will miss him. Lesser QB's have done more with less.

Brad Johnson
Doug Williams
Jim Plunket
Joe Naimeth

Gosh I am sure I can keep racking my brain and come up with a few dozen more. They weren't super stars but they did the job when most didn't think they could. They rose to the occasion especially Naimeth. Above average QB but talk about one of the biggest performances ever!! Saved the AFC and NFL.

The Federal Plea isnt the only thing he has to worry about.

"The government’s criminal case might not be on the only one Mr. Vick has to worry about. Gerald Poindexter, the state prosecutor for Surry County, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday that he plans to bring charges on Sept. 25 against Mr. Vick and others alleged to be connected to the dog-fighting ring."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/sports/football/20cnd-vick.html?hp

I have heard rumors taht any NFL suspension would occur once vick has been RELEASED from Prison...

that's the current thinking but nothing is cast in stone until roger goodell speaks.

and yes, the da in va is still interested in indicting vick, as well. and the federal plea won't cover any state charges!

Last edited:
I'm sure in 5 years, Salsa will be saying how Vick is getting jobbed for not gaining admission into the Hall of Fame, because of this conviction.
Too funny, too true! It's an unfortunate, but predictable, reaction due to Miami U (Florida) having been involved in so much scandal and past criminal activity. I have more respect for a football program that has a winless season...just as long as they play by the rules, show sportsmanship, and develop character in their players. Oh, and perhaps graduate one of two of them as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts