Vick Attended Dogfight!

of the super bowl winning colts............doh!!!!! you know he actually use to play professional football before he went into coaching!

its like i said, if you want to argue sports, try somebody clueless.

not that you care to know but dungy is one of three coaches to win a super bowl as a player and coach.

...except dog fighting is illegal in all 50 states and a felony in 47. Betting on an illegal activity demonstrates "willfully participation" and is a violation of the law. To some degree all participants are culpable and should be held accountable for their actions.

Betting one million dollars in Vegas - stupid, but legal.
Betting one red cent on dog fighting - stupid and criminal (go directly to jail and do not pass go).

You are correct and prove my point. I was just talking about this comment.

The NFL has a long history of suspending or banning players that associate with gamblers in any way.

There is a big difference in gambling legal and illegally. Though they don't like betting on sports. That is a no no in professional sports even though it is legal.

You know that I was originally thinking that I would like the NFL to ban him from the league. I really don't care about that. I just want to see him do plenty of time in prison for this one. I hope that he is to old to play football anymore once he comes out. Does anybody know what the minimum penality in VA for this?

FOLKS....can we PLEASE wait till ALL the proof is in BEFORE you make him guilty and ban him forever..!! Why would you all have NO PROBLEM waiting for the Duke lacrosse situation to COMPLETELY play its self out and not this one ?? :confused: :eureka Same thing with the Kobe sexual case in Colorado.....WE ALL wanted him guilty....waited until everything played itself out and she dropped the charges because she knew full well she had holes in her story.....

Gambling on sports will get you the boot but I wouldn't call betting on dog fights a sport. The NFL does nothing to any of the players that go to Vegas to blow a few hundred thousand.

Associating with gambling period will get you the boot. betting on your sport certainly makes it look worse but any association with gambling leaves open the possibility that information will flow to the gamblers or that games might be fixed.

BUT... betting on sports is FAR different than betting on and participating in and promoting illegal dog fighting activity. So although there could be a slight comparison, the dog fighting issue is more of what needs to be pursued rather than the betting aspect.

hmm, i guess the fact pete rose bet on the very team he managed, got banned from baseball and will never be in the hall of fame, doesn't mean anything.

and hate to burst your bubble, vurbs, but a role model is a role model.

its like i said, if you want to argue sports, try somebody clueless.

not that you care to know but dungy is one of three coaches to win a super bowl as a player and coach.
Thats nice but you are not going to find any young person today that considers him a sports star. Its like I said if you wanna argue sports find incapable of understanding the arguement. Now could you get on topic? :rolleyes:

hmm, i guess the fact pete rose bet on the very team he managed, got banned from baseball and will never be in the hall of fame, doesn't mean anything.

and hate to burst your bubble, vurbs, but a role model is a role model.
Join reality for a moment. GO ask a 12 year old to name a sports star. Your gonna get 99 Arods and Kobes' before you get one Dungy or Rose. Even if you change the question to old sports stars you are gonna get 99 MJ's before one Dungy or Rose. Get a clue.:rolleyes:

BUT... betting on sports is FAR different than betting on and participating in and promoting illegal dog fighting activity. So although there could be a slight comparison, the dog fighting issue is more of what needs to be pursued rather than the betting aspect.

i would not disagree that both are important. I ma just saying that the policy regrding gamling and associating with gamblers hasa long history. The dog fighting thing has no precedent that I know of. I don't mean to dismiss it just saying that there is no establihed policy.

and we all know sports figures usually end up walking or getting a totally ridiculous reduced.....no jail time sentence.

Exactly, just look at Paris Hilton, she gets her jail time cut down, and she will serve her time separated from the general inmate population in a "special needs housing unit".

If that was any non star they would be in general population and serving there full sentence.

Plus lets not forget Ray Lewis.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...op/Reference/Times Topics/People/L/Lewis, Ray

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstr...op/Reference/Times Topics/People/L/Lewis, Ray

Join reality for a moment. GO ask a 12 year old to name a sports star. Your gonna get 99 Arods and Kobes' before you get one Dungy or Rose. Even if you change the question to old sports stars you are gonna get 99 MJ's before one Dungy or Rose. Get a clue.:rolleyes:

Just the other day, my youngest son was saying that he wanted to be Tony Dungy when he grows up.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts