Vick Attended Dogfight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Where are all the:

"let him have his day" or "they are only going after Vick because he is a rich black man"?

I have a truckload of crow with a side or words to deliver.

This has already been discussed in the current thread so I am merging.

Where are all the:

"let him have his day" or "they are only going after Vick because he is a rich black man"?

I have a truckload of crow with a side or words to deliver.

I think everybody realizes what a scumbag this guy is. He had his day (it's coming Monday when he pleads guilty in round one.) It sounds like a few other agencies are lining up for they shots also. As for "they are only going after Vick because he is a rich black man?" - (he won't be for long, wait till he gets the tab on his legal defense) - Why not go after him? what makes him any different from any one else? Maybe a high profile case will put a dent in this horrible practice. The biggest and best way to hurt this guy would be to ban him from the NFL. To play in the NFL is a priveledge, not a right. The NFL needs to stand up for what is right. Besides, why can't he get a regular job, like the rest of us? This guy let down himself, his family, teammates, race, and all the thousands of kids who wear his jersey. Maybe making an example of him serves the greater good. I certainly (as probabily you, Charper) think so. The bottom line is that I think the readers here see the highroad in this matter.

Agreed. Because of the interstate commerce involved in this venture, the NFL will probably (or should) ban him for life. Unfortunately, Vick will probably end up playing in an Arena league or up in Canada. Mothers hide your puppies .....
\
I think everybody realizes what a scumbag this guy is. He had his day (it's coming Monday when he pleads guilty in round one.) It sounds like a few other agencies are lining up for they shots also. As for "they are only going after Vick because he is a rich black man?" - (he won't be for long, wait till he gets the tab on his legal defense) - Why not go after him? what makes him any different from any one else? Maybe a high profile case will put a dent in this horrible practice. The biggest and best way to hurt this guy would be to ban him from the NFL. To play in the NFL is a priveledge, not a right. The NFL needs to stand up for what is right. Besides, why can't he get a regular job, like the rest of us? This guy let down himself, his family, teammates, race, and all the thousands of kids who wear his jersey. Maybe making an example of him serves the greater good. I certainly (as probabily you, Charper) think so. The bottom line is that I think the readers here see the highroad in this matter.

I know ALOT of people have question, some even called me crazy, by stating that Vick WILL play again....I saw this and this CONFIRMED my stance!!

Vick's reputation is forever tainted but if you think Vick will never wear an NFL uniform again please read carefully the following words from an NFL general manager. They will end up being prophetic.

"If he goes to prison, time will pass," said the general manager, who spoke before news of a potential Vick plea agreement and asked not to be identified, claiming the NFL has asked current team officials not to publicly comment on the Vick case. "Months or years will pass, if he does go to jail. If he went to jail, and then left prison down the road, he'd still be relatively young, and there'd be a line of 15 to 20 teams waiting to sign him. Trust me on that. Teams are going to say, 'F--- PETA. F--- the bad pub. This guy is one of the most talented players of the last 10 years. I'll take my chances.'

"Teams may say one thing publicly. But if he gets out of jail, we'll all be looking at Vick hard. We're all whores in football. You know the saying. We'd sign an ax murderer if he has ability. He'll be back. He won't be back in Atlanta probably but he'll be back in professional football. You can count on it."

NFL GM says 'count on it:' Vick will return to NFL - CBS Sports.com

Now, like I had STATED CONSTANTLY, he definately deserves jail time...MORE that what he will more than likely get....but if you guys are actually naive to think that GMs would not jump all over each other to get a chance to sign him....YOU guys should be drug test....

Last edited:
I know ALOT of people have question, some even called me crazy, by stating that Vick WILL play again....I saw this and this CONFIRMED my stance!!

NFL GM says 'count on it:' Vick will return to NFL - CBS Sports.com

Now, like I had STATED CONSTANTLY, he definately deserves jail time...MORE that what he will more than likely get....but if you guys are actually naive to think that GMs would not jump all over each other to get a chance to sign him....YOU guys should be drug test....

hate to burst your bubble there salsa but although some gm's might want to snap him up........it's goodell's call. and he impresses me as a no-nonsense kind of guy. if he were smart, and i like to think he is, he won't impose any type ban on vick until after he serves his jail time.

in other words, don't look for vick in an nfl uniform anytime soon. go ahead and drug test me. i'll tell you right now, i'll pop positive for the prescription pain meds i take!!!!

Remember Salsa: "It often takes more courage to change ones opinion than to stick to it. Remember, loyalty to a petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul...." ;)

Remember Salsa: "It often takes more courage to change ones opinion than to stick to it. Remember, loyalty to a petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul...." ;)

You guys sound like I WANT him to get off or for them to go easy on him.

Read my post for the UPTEENTH TIME......I wish he had to do the MAX.

But reality IS....he will more than likely be suspended indefinately...which will mean that after he does his time, can apply for re-instatement. More than likely, those around him be on him to walk the straight line....and then they will present that case to the commissioner.

I said it before and I will say it again....he will do around 18 months and be playing within a year....if it comes to about 3 years...he still be only 31 or 32....

Jesus....you got a GM TELLING you that fact that they are whore...SLAPPING YOU in the face with it and you guys STILL don't believe it....

LMAO....you guys kill me!

But reality IS....he will more than likely be suspended indefinately...which will mean that after he does his time, can apply for re-instatement. More than likely, those around him be on him to walk the straight line....and then they will present that case to the commissioner.

I said it before and I will say it again....he will do around 18 months and be playing within a year....if it comes to about 3 years...he still be only 31 or 32....

Jesus....you got a GM TELLING you that fact that they are whore...SLAPPING YOU in the face with it and you guys STILL don't believe it....

I think Vick should serve the max under the law.

Then after he is released he needs atleast a 5 year ban from the NFL.

Even if Vick only serves a year in jail, banning him for 5 years effectively ends his NFL career.

If Vick had brain 1 in his head he would have cleaned up his act then his Little Brother Marcus blew his chance at an NFL career because of "thuggin' and buggin' "

Actually his brother had a shot with the Dolphins. He was cut recently but he actually made it into one game last year. His record did not help him but I suspect he would be doing no better than riding the bench now without it.

Hey c'mon ... I was playin' with ya ......:D

I think Vick should serve the max under the law.

Then after he is released he needs atleast a 5 year ban from the NFL.

Even if Vick only serves a year in jail, banning him for 5 years effectively ends his NFL career.

If Vick had brain 1 in his head he would have cleaned up his act then his Little Brother Marcus blew his chance at an NFL career because of "thuggin' and buggin' "

No....he didn't make it because people don't think he can make it as a QB...had very little to do with his past.

Vick was and is overrated at the QB position. Look no further than his QB rating and completion %.

That's YOUR opinion....either you are very wrong or the owner of the Falcons was an idiot. And somehow, I DOUBT he was an idiot. You cannot be very rich and an idiot....

Funny how some people here actually THINK they know about football than folks who actually do it for a living....:rolleyes:

Most owners are rich and while I won't sy that some are idiots they all clearly make mistakes.

ANd even with that said....and all their assistants and player personell....they STILL know MORE about football talent than we will EVER know....

Really, how do you explain draft picks like Ryan Leaf, Akilli Smith, Ka-Jana Carter, Patrick Ramsey, and Lawrence Phillips? I am certain all of the owners, GMs, and assistants thought that these guys were loaded with talent and could not miss. Where are they now?

If you want to believe that the owners must be right all the time go ahead and think that.

Really, how do you explain draft picks like Ryan Leaf, Akilli Smith, Ka-Jana Carter, Patrick Ramsey, and Lawrence Phillips? I am certain all of the owners, GMs, and assistants thought that these guys were loaded with talent and could not miss. Where are they now?

What a laughable question....HOW MANY drafts have we had since the NFL started? HOW MANY draft pics have been made? You have picked 5 out of the last what? 40? 50? 60 YEARS??!!! You mentioned 5....I will give you 50 busts...and I assure that is still in the 98 or 99 percentile of good to great draft picks.....ANYONE that has ONE OUNCE of a brain would take that percentage in a heart beat.....

Please.....:rolleyes:

If you want to believe that the owners must be right all the time go ahead and think that.

I don't believe that every owner has been right or perfect....but I assure they have been ALOT more right than YOU, ME or anyone else in here will EVER be...

And if YOU think that YOU have been more right about free agents or draft picks...LMAO...YOU can go ahead and think that....:rolleyes::haha:haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)