Vick Attended Dogfight!

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
The Federal Plea isnt the only thing he has to worry about.

"The government’s criminal case might not be on the only one Mr. Vick has to worry about. Gerald Poindexter, the state prosecutor for Surry County, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday that he plans to bring charges on Sept. 25 against Mr. Vick and others alleged to be connected to the dog-fighting ring."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/sports/football/20cnd-vick.html?hp
Sound like the scumbag is getting what he deserves.:up:up

GrnMtnMan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 15, 2007
VT
I haven't read any of this thread, thus my contribution:

He's a jackass! Think about it buddy, I mean, come on.......

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner! Vick WAS an extremely talented QB without a clue about how to be a great player. WHEN he's convicted, nobody but Salsa will miss him. Lesser QB's have done more with less.

You kill me sometimes with some of your post. :confused: I just tend to give credit where credit is due. I thought he was a good QB, better than average, less than very good and better than MOST QBs in the NFL. You seem to be under the impression that if you point something out positive or factual about someone, they are a homer. Get over it....your heart refuses to tell you some a**hole can ACTUALLY have talent, I think the other way around....most A**HOLE do have talent....because they wouldn't be pompous, arrogant jerks IF THEY SUCKED...!

Believe me, I will not miss Vick...I could care less about an idiot that had more talent than MOST NFL players and then piss it away. But at the same token, not going to be naive enough to think he was not talented....."mediocre" players do NOT sign contracts that for a while, was the BIGGEST contract in NFL HISTORY......

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Brad Johnson
Doug Williams
Jim Plunket
Joe Naimeth

Gosh I am sure I can keep racking my brain and come up with a few dozen more. They weren't super stars but they did the job when most didn't think they could. They rose to the occasion especially Naimeth. Above average QB but talk about one of the biggest performances ever!! Saved the AFC and NFL.

Mark Rypien?

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
You kill me sometimes with some of your post. :confused: I just tend to give credit where credit is due. I thought he was a good QB, better than average, less than very good and better than MOST QBs in the NFL. You seem to be under the impression that if you point something out positive or factual about someone, they are a homer. Get over it....your heart refuses to tell you some a**hole can ACTUALLY have talent, I think the other way around....most A**HOLE do have talent....because they wouldn't be pompous, arrogant jerks IF THEY SUCKED...!

Believe me, I will not miss Vick...I could care less about an idiot that had more talent than MOST NFL players and then piss it away. But at the same token, not going to be naive enough to think he was not talented....."mediocre" players do NOT sign contracts that for a while, was the BIGGEST contract in NFL HISTORY......

Do you even read my posts? You take my words and twist them around in your mind and then miss my point. I believe in one of my posts, I called "vick a talented player who pissed it all away." In another one, I said that lesser QB's have done more with less. Which of these 2 statements did you miss, or misunderstand?

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
Mark Rypien?

Sure I take Dilfer and Rypien on that list. Just goes to show you its about how good the team is and having a steady leader as QB. Doesnt have to be spectacular or the greatest arm, just play well, dont turn ball over, play within the system and lead your team. Vick never did those things well. I think his flash over compensated for a mediocre team with plenty of limitations let alone his lack of steady leadership. Flipping the crowd off. Good gravy. :eek:

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
rypien actually hada pretty good year when the Redskins won the Super Bowl. To tell the wholes tory I thik that even he would credit the offensive line who gave him plenty of time to
make decisions and the defense that tended to give him good field position.

having said that he was in many ways a victim of his success that year. he never again lived up to the salary he was given an he was cut. He did bounce around the league a bit but he never had a situation like that one again.

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
He'll be out in 6 months. I've said from the beginning that he would serve less than one year. He's got way too much money to pay expensive lawyers for this not be the case.

In federal cases, the guilty(Vick:D) has to do 85% of their sentence, so with an 18 month sentence he should do at least around 15 months. Plus the judge could also sentence him to 5 years instead of 18 months.

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
The Federal Plea isnt the only thing he has to worry about.

"The government’s criminal case might not be on the only one Mr. Vick has to worry about. Gerald Poindexter, the state prosecutor for Surry County, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday that he plans to bring charges on Sept. 25 against Mr. Vick and others alleged to be connected to the dog-fighting ring."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/sports/football/20cnd-vick.html?hp

Yeah, he could get 40 years with the state charges.

THE RISE AND FALL OF MICHAEL VICK: IN RICHMOND: Vick's guilty plea will mean some time in prison | ajc.com

Plus don't forget the IRS for not claiming gambling winnings in the dog fights, if he won anything. Anyway I'm sure the IRS will be going through his records with a fine tooth comb.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Vick may have even worse coming

Vick may still face charges in Virginia - Yahoo! News

Vick may still face charges in Virginia
<!-- BEGIN STORY BODY -->By LARRY O'DELL, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 8 minutes ago

<!-- end storyhdr -->RICHMOND, Va. - Michael Vick's legal troubles from dogfighting could get even worse. The Atlanta Falcons quarterback faces possible prosecution in state court, where punishment might far exceed the maximum five years in prison that could await him in his federal case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)