Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
A Demo of DirecTV's upcoming MediaShare feature! Taped live at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas!

[youtube]nrjI6DiWz88[/youtube]

I hope they don't limit the new code to only preinstalls on new machines that they know can handle the performance requirements (on of the things I heard they were considering). I'd like to see the install process check the system to see if it meets the requirements, if it does install, if not list what isn't up to specs. Either way, not really sure if I'd use this function since it's supposed to be limited to only the local network.

The reps I spoke to said they were leaning in that direction. They are afraid of the support calls for computers that can't handle it. I see their point, but I would be disappointed if a new computer was the only way to get it.

We should point out that this is limited to local networks, not like a slingbox.

The reps I spoke to said they were leaning in that direction. They are afraid of the support calls for computers that can't handle it.

That was my understanding also. That's why I said it would be nice if they did open it up but the installer first ran a check to make sure your system was fast enough/enough memory/network to handle the needs of the program so they don't limit it.

If it's limited to a small subset of channels, limited to being preinstalled on a new computer, and/or doesn't allow you to take the shows with you (even in a DRM format), then this is just a waste of time.

I know my computer would be able to handle it, They should make up some clause that if you download it on a computer that it did not come with then you cant call support and complain. Allthough, I do feel that they need to open it up for all.

Id rather watch HD TV on my big screen. I suppose you could replace a reciever with an HTPC though. Lot of expense there though

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts