(VIDEO) DISH Super Joey -vs- Joey Size

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This video shows you the size difference between a DISH Joey and Super Joey and explains why the Super Joey is bigger.

Last edited:
It's smaller then the Hopper.

And they can't do an external power supply as then it would need two power supplies going into the box as the Joey circuitry uses it's own power and the tuner portion uses it's own at higher voltage.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Anyone else disappointed with the fact that it is so much bigger than the original Joey? Makes it tough to hide it behind a wall mounted TV... Regardless, I want one & will make it work!

Anyone else disappointed with the fact that it is so much bigger than the original Joey? Makes it tough to hide it behind a wall mounted TV... Regardless, I want one & will make it work!

Well, if the size bothered you that much, you could just get another plain Joey, or use a Virtual Joey.

Well, if the size bothered you that much, you could just get another plain Joey, or use a Virtual Joey.

This will be replacing an original Joey, that is currently hidden behind a wall mounted TV. For an extra $3 per month I want the additional two tuners (assuming it is $10 per month as people are speculating).

Doesn't bother me at all. It's a receiver with two tuners, I wouldn't expect it to be much smaller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)