Video Game Deals

LOL, I didnt even notice...by the way at 19.99 its too hard to pass up, this is a fantastic game if anyone hasnt played it yet, its time. you have no excuses :)

PS+ Free Games for July have been announced..

I'm actually very excited that Strider will be available. I played the originals on the NES and Genesis and this reboot has received a number of good reviews. It's been sitting on my Steam Wish List but it's nice to know I can finally get it for free, and seeing as Second Son will likely be out the door by the end of this week and because Gamefly has been about as generous with games as the Powerball has been with odds of actually winning something, my PS4 will need a reason to justify it's existence, at least until the damn HBO GO app gets on it and I can finally use it to watch Game of Thrones.

Here's a review of Strider.

Not too excited about the PS3 offerings (I've never played a Dead Space game), but I've always had my eye on Doki Doki, which will be cross-buy and I assume that wlll include PS3 and PS4, though I'm more likely to play on the Vita, which has been collecting dust for the past 2-3 weeks.

So far I've done a much better job of keeping my spending under control during this Steam sale. I have also sold enough Steam trading cards to pay for all 3 of these games with $0.18 left over in my wallet. I have no use for the cards or the badges you can get from them so I usually sell them for the average price as soon as I unlock them. I'm certainly not getting rich doing this but it got me 3 free games so I have no complaints with the trading card program.

The Brigmore Witches DLC for Dishonored - $4.99 (Now that I have both halves of the story DLC I will finally play them.)
The Blackwell Bundle - $1.99
Call of Juarez Gunslinger - $3.74 (I've already played a decent chunk of this one. Its a good shooter with a nice western setting.)

Can you give a rundown on how the card trading works? Like how do I actually sell them? I can probably pay for the rest of my Steam games by selling them but I don't understand how exactly the system works.

Can you give a rundown on how the card trading works? Like how do I actually sell them? I can probably pay for the rest of my Steam games by selling them but I don't understand how exactly the system works.

Sure. It's really simple. Most games drop 3 or 4 cards as you play them. You also get cards for doing stuff like voting on community choice games. The trick is that the games only drop half of the cards necessary to craft a game badge and you will sometimes get duplicates. The only way to get the entire set of cards for any given game is to buy the other half from the community market or trade for them. Once you have the full set you can craft the badge.

I could care less about the trading cards and the profile badges so I just sell them but apparently there are plenty of people who like to collect them and craft badges. When I first started with Steam, trading cards where brand new and I could routinely sell them for about 50 cents a piece. Now they typically sell for 8 to 20 cents depending on the game. I was selling these summer trading cards for about 45 cents a piece at the beginning of the Summer sale because people need to craft a badge to participate in the free wishlist game give away. Now that we are nearing the end they have dropped down to about 20 cents again. Again, I'm not getting rich here but it adds up over time and it was enough free money for me to buy 3 games during the summer sale.

To sell the cards just hold the mouse over your username on the steam website and then click inventory. Then you can click on individual items in your inventory and it will tell you what the current lowest price is for that item in the community market on the bottom right side of the screen. Right below that is a Sell button. Then you can see a bar graph showing the price trend and what the average price is for today. Steam typically takes a cut of 2 or 3 cents and splits it with the developer of the game. You enter the amount you want to see and it will show you the amount the buyer will pay after Steam adds their cut in.

What I do is set the price the buyer will pay at whatever the average is for today and it is usually sold in anywhere from 30 seconds to a few hours. I actually went into way more detail than is necessary. It's super easy to put your items in the market. It takes about 2 or 3 clicks per item. I see that you have 94 items in your inventory. You just have to decide if the quarter you get from each of them (that's probably optimistic) is worth the hassle of trying to sell them.

Edit: I forgot to mention how you get your money. It's automatically added to your steam wallet once someone buys the card. It really couldn't be any simpler.

Just got Broken Age on a flash sale for $8.49. Wolfenstein is very tempting at $29.99 as a daily deal too. The only reason I haven't grabbed it at that price yet is because I don't know what I would rent when I return Watch Dogs to gamefly if I do. I'm still thinking about it.

Well.. the Humble Bundle is certainly back with a Vengeance.. Massive 2K Humble Bundle. The worst thing I can say is that many of these games are likely owned by most people, but damn it's a good list overall, AND they're going to add more next week..

Yep, that's one of the better bundles I have seen so far. Like you said, I already own everything except for The Darkness 2 and Mafia 2 though.

Well Darkness 2 is okay, or at least the little bit I played of it was fun. Mafia 2 was okay. Nothing offensively bad about it but nothing that would be chronicled as done better than everyone else. Honestly for about $5.50 that's not a bad price for those games, but again I'm sure your backlog is big enough. I'm curious as to what next week's added games will be. Would be rather interesting to see them add something like NBA2K14 or Borderlands 2.

In case you missed it at the last Steam sale, The Wolf Among Us is now available at 50% off to commemorate the release of the final chapter. Sort of an interesting sales strategy when you think about it: Reward people for waiting until the actual game is finished by selling the game for half price when that occurs.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250320/