video no sound

Status
Please reply by conversation.

papij

Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
today i finish my setup in my HH motor i get good signal on most of the bird , after I scan in some of the channels I have good quality of video but no sound..any 1 have idea what can be my problem?..thanks

What satellite and channels are you trying to view? Do you get sound on any of them? Some channels are in AC3 only which requires a separate decoder to hear the audio.

That one is in AC3 audio so most receivers need to pass the audio to a dolby digital decoder. But try scanning 11799 V 26657 on 123W and look for a channel called KUTF. It is a Telefutura channel as well that is not AC3 so you can get audio just fine on that one.

Check out The List SatelliteGuys.US - 123.0°W Galaxy 18 Ku
for more info on what's on that satellite and it shows which ones are AC3 audio only. Not many are.

Dont see that transponder on G18, what kind of lnb are you using? Also, don't see that channel listed any where, but I have heard of it before. Sure it's on G18?
Most likely , as the other reply said, its a channel with Dolby Digital audio (AC3), which most fta rec won't play. Most have an audio output, a digital port that can be connected to a home theater or other amp that can decode Dolby sound.

thanks Jullius is working now , i have to look how to fix KTEL TV Telemundo 53 (Telemundo) NM in the 79.0°W AMC 5 Ku that i have the some problem..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)