Video on Demand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
I had a small problem with my HR20. This problem caused me to call D*. While the tech was helping me with my problem I started asked her when VOD was going to start. Anyway see told me it work we working before the end of the month. She also told me that I could connect to my router using a wireless usb adapter. Is that correct? I was under the impression that you could not use a wireless adapter.

You can't use wireless USB adapater. You CAN use a wireless Access point through the ethernet port.

VOD is supposed to be up by the end of the year. I think end of the month sounds aggressive, they are still some work away from having the software ready.

The last two test releases of the software have more problems that they did two weeks ago, still some bugs to fix.

I will say this - it is nice and the content is plentiful, 90% free.

Do you have model number of this access point. I have a Netgear router. Also does this access point plug into the router or the receiver. Thanks

I use a wireless bridge (often sold as a wireless gaming adapter) and DirecTV on Demand works great for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)