(VIDEO) Virtual Joey on Playstation 4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I thought it was great. I wish they could have showed me how they synced the remote to the PS4. :) (None of them there knew how)

Hold the phone... so there's no USB dongle or anything on the system? How are they even connected? The Dish Remote doesn't have Bluetooth.
Any chance the Hopper is really doing all the heavy lifting so the remote for the virtual Joey is really sending commands back to the Hopper on behalf of the virtual Joey client?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Any chance the Hopper is really doing all the heavy lifting so the remote for the virtual Joey is really sending commands back to the Hopper on behalf of the virtual Joey client?

That is exactly what it's doing which is why it is so fast.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That's what popped into my head looking at the video, except the remote is probably RF and the remote is sending the commands back to the hopper directly and never touches the virtual joey. If Dish would code a 722 (922) with sling the same way for dish anywhere, we'd have the mythical Dish Extender!

Miner

This looks pretty great. I was surprised to see everything looks just like a real Joey and run as quickly. I was also surprised to see it running with a Dish remote as other people have pointed out too. Since the PS4 doesn't have IR I didn't know how they could do it. I didn't even think about them being able to use RF directly to the hopper for all remote commands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Xbox One Virtual Joey

Hi Scott

Did Dish mention anything for the Xbox One? Maybe something with even better integration with the Kinect.

And come-on why not support first an American company (Microsoft). We as American have to be more careful on where we spend our money, we are going keep loosing more and more American jobs and wealth if we first do not support our own. I do not see Japan going out of their way to support the Xbox in fact they just ignore it. We need to be more conscious with our decision as companies and costumers. If not we will keep losing jobs and transferring wealth to other countries. Without wealth there is no Dish, Microsoft or Sony costumers. And do not get me wrong here I do have both the Xbox One and the PS4 but if I have a choice of the same game coming out for one or the other I will support my own first then consider the other one. This is more of a consciousness decision.

So again Scott, is Dish doing something with the Xbox One that you know off? Hell the Xbox One strong suit is multimedia and TV stuff why not deal with Microsoft first.

Sorry for the rambling.

Thanks
Rdavidowski

Hi Scott Did Dish mention anything for the Xbox One? Maybe something with even better integration with the Kinect. And come-on why not support first an American company (Microsoft). We as American have to be more careful on where we spend our money, we are going keep loosing more and more American jobs and wealth if we first do not support our own. I do not see Japan going out of their way to support the Xbox in fact they just ignore it. We need to be more conscious with our decision as companies and costumers. If not we will keep losing jobs and transferring wealth to other countries. Without wealth there is no Dish, Microsoft or Sony costumers. And do not get me wrong here I do have both the Xbox One and the PS4 but if I have a choice of the same game coming out for one or the other I will support my own first then consider the other one. This is more of a consciousness decision. So again Scott, is Dish doing something with the Xbox One that you know off? Hell the Xbox One strong suit is multimedia and TV stuff why not deal with Microsoft first. Sorry for the rambling. Thanks Rdavidowski

Except the the Xbox One isn't manufactured in the US either...

Except the the Xbox One isn't manufactured in the US either...

Understood, and I agree. That is why I also mention companies decisions. But still PS4 are not manufactured in Japan and still Japanese support their own first. We should not over think this, Microsoft is by far more beneficial to the American economy than Sony would ever be. Sony will eventually repatriate all their profits to Japan. And I do know that Microsoft is also sneaky on their production and profit repatriation but still with all this factors considered it is still an American company run by Americans; Sony is not. And more over I do not see any Sony executive ever being more philanthropic than Bill Gates. We should support our own first it is to our own benefit in the end. And this should apply to American companies; support doing business with other fellow American companies first. Remember if we transfer all our wealth to other countries indiscriminately there would be no clients left for either Dish, Microsoft or Sony.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)