Viewed BluRay at 1080p!!

Ilya said:
I mean manufacturers. List of manufacturers currently in Blu-ray camp is definitly more impressive. However this doesn't necessarily mean anything, as history teaches us.
Well, I already have the hardware, and its good (ie: not Samsung quality). So why do I care if only one company is making it? Instead BR should be worried that right now only one company is making their player. :p

-John

Hey, I don't twist anything. I post sites and offer what is oviously a limited point of view. I have viewed HD-DVD and I see problems with the picture. I have viewed BluRay and have seen awfull conversions. I have said before that HD-DVD is putting a better product on the market. I have also said that if Sony doesn't get the 50GB Roms (dual layer) to market and improve on their HD movies then they will have a tuff road to travel -- if one at all.

How is this twisted. Most of you worship Toshiba and M$. If VC-1 wasn't the prioty of M$ then maybe Sony would use it. That does not prevent other movie studios from using VC-1. Even LionGate has dropped the PCM uncompressed audio format in order to give their movies more room on the 25GB discs. Some of their movies have come close to HD-DVD quality. Wonder if they used VC-1 if the quality would be the same?

It also doesn't hurt that Toshiba's HD-DVD player is $499. That sure is a hell of alot better then $999. Gee, I have said that before. I sure am glad of free speech. I can post sites with information and you guys can post (with sites for backup -- have yet to see that HD-DVD site listing manufacturers making HD-DVD players) and you can freely disagree with me.

Doesn't mean I am right or that you are wrong -- just that we can agree to disagree and allow others to chime in or learn something else about the next generation of HD players both HD-DVD and BluRay.:)

JoeSp said:
Hey, I don't twist anything. I post sites and offer what is oviously a limited point of view.

LMAO you sure do, and it reeks of SONY fanboyism

JoeSp said:
I have viewed HD-DVD and I see problems with the picture.

Ive seen absolutely NO problems with the picture. Any percieved problems are probably due to the fact that the HD DVD's are almost flawless in their duplication of the original film and its level of grain, etc.

JoeSp said:
I have also said that if Sony doesn't get the 50GB Roms (dual layer) to market and improve on their HD movies then they will have a tuff road to travel -- if one at all.

Dont sugar coat it. BluRRRay is DEAD without 50 GB movies. And it may still be DEAD with the price it costs.:rolleyes:

JoeSp said:
Some of their movies have come close to HD-DVD quality. Wonder if they used VC-1 if the quality would be the same?

And you too MIGHT be able to have that PQ from the BD machine for 3 times the cost of the HD- A1:rolleyes: OH what a winner. LOL

JoeSp said:
Most of you worship Toshiba and M$.

Dead wrong there SParky. I was staunchly behind BluRay until I actually saw the products, their performance and price. Im sure you can find some really nasty posts between T2k and I on the issue.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)