Viewing constantly interrupted by Partial Signal Loss, code 00-00-00

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bgee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Albany NY
ESPN and CNN keep dropping out with the Partial Signal Loss screen, error code 00-00-00, on this overcast morning in Albany NY. What's particularly bothersome is the blue screen persists until I take action with the remote control. I'm not even sure the signal loss screen pertains to the channel being viewed because as soon as I hit any button on the remote control, the reception is restored. Anyway, should I re-peak the dish pointing? Which satellite/transponder to use on the dish pointing screen? fwiw, using a 722K receiver.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

ESPN and CNN keep dropping out with the Partial Signal Loss screen, error code 00-00-00, on this overcast morning in Albany NY. What's particularly bothersome is the blue screen persists until I take action with the remote control. I'm not even sure the signal loss screen pertains to the channel being viewed because as soon as I hit any button on the remote control, the reception is restored. Anyway, should I re-peak the dish pointing? Which satellite/transponder to use on the dish pointing screen? fwiw, using a 722K receiver.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Hey Bgee! I hate to hear that you are having some trouble with your channels and the signal loss message. I know that those are never fun.

Has either the DISH antenna or receiver been moved from one location to another? Have we checked today to make sure that there is nothing on top of the DISH antenna and that it's able to look towards the sky?

Are any of the other channels going through this?

Do you have OTA connected to your 722? If you recently had been tuned to a weak OTA channel before changing to a SAT channel, the OTA channel can cause the partial signal loss message while viewing a SAT channel.

Fix is to change to a strong OTA channel before changing back to SAT viewing.

Thanks. Yes, I do have the OTA tuner and your suggestion reminds me that I've often seen some screwy behavior with the 722K thinking the OTA signal was weak when it really wasn't.

I believe that screen with Error 00-00-00 does not necessarily mean it is the station being viewed that is weak or lost.

Last edited:
The 722 has an occasional quirk of indicating signal loss regardless of which channel you are tuned to.

It is generally believed that having your OTA tuner on a weak station can cause a 722 to indicate signal loss even if you are watching a SAT channel, so ALWAYS leave your OTA tuner on the strongest channel you have and it seems to mitigate this problem.

The 722 has an occasional quirk of indicating signal loss regardless of which channel you are tuned to.

It is generally believed that having your OTA tuner on a weak station can cause a 722 to indicate signal loss even if you are watching a SAT channel, so ALWAYS leave your OTA tuner on the strongest channel you have and it seems to mitigate this problem.
Yes. In addition don't leave the last channel watched an OTA.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)