Viewing SD %

On your MAIN TV how many hours of SD content is watched weekly? How about total hours of SD viewed on all of the TV's in your house? For my house it is ZERO hours per week anywhere.
I don't have HD here. Never wanted it. I'm not in a contract. Never have been. Don't want the strings that are attached , i.e. a 2 yr agreement. It doesn't bother me at all to watch in SD......

Reactions: the mack
Dishcomm... You're missing so much by not having an HD TV. The quality is SO MUCH BETTER in HD. After you see it, you don't want to go back to SD.

The only SD I watch is an occasional old show OTA from ME-TV, Antenna TV, Cozi, etc.

Most of my daughter's kids shows and cartoons are recorded from the SD feed to save HD space. I will occasionally switch from the HD channel to the SD equivalent if an original 4x3 program is being stretched to 16x9 on the HD feed.

I don't have HD here. Never wanted it. I'm not in a contract. Never have been. Don't want the strings that are attached , i.e. a 2 yr agreement. It doesn't bother me at all to watch in SD......
It's just a fad, anyway, like surround sound, cameras in phones, and the Interwebs.

I varies depending on how many hours of CW programming I watch during the week since I only have access to the CW in SD.

To me content is king not screen resolution. I would rather watch a classic flm in SD than just anything in HD.

Reactions: dare2be
I remember back in the early 80's, some guy telling me he'll never go "stereo" because it was just a fad. Hi-Fi was good enough.
This was in the 80's, more than twenty years after stereophonic sound was an established technology standard.

I guess it's not that different from those today who insist on tube amps and vinyl records being more accurate. (They're not. Although, I fully understand why people like the warm sound they provide.)

No but I do agree content is king for me. Couple of comedy shows on TV land (That are not available simulcast on Nick) for instance that I enjoy and will watch in SD. There are all those other channels in HD at the same time but I choose the SD channel. Obviously I would rather it be in HD.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
They are not mutually exclusive.

No but to read many of the posts here you see that a lot of folks are watching HD only. I have no problem with HD but refuse to watch a program just because it is in HD. But sure HD is better than SD but an old Marx brothers movie in SD beats Pauly Shore in HD.

Reactions: dare2be
No but to read many of the posts here you see that a lot of folks are watching HD only. I have no problem with HD but refuse to watch a program just because it is in HD. But sure HD is better than SD but an old Marx brothers movie in SD beats Pauly Shore in HD.
But, an old Marx Bros movie in HD is even better.

I guess it's not that different from those today who insist on tube amps and vinyl records being more accurate. (They're not. Although, I fully understand why people like the warm sound they provide.)
Vacuum tubes rule! Especially when plugged into a Stratocaster. Transistors can't even come close to their fat sound.
My surround system rocks but still prefer the sound of my old pioneer speakers and amp. The bass on the 15 inch woofers is super smooth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts