Viewsat 9000HD or Sonicview 8000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sonicview

your first decision was a good one....

why not just buy another SV8000 from a reputable dealer this time?

I believe SV is about to go under (our of business in US) their website shows about half the listed dealers are obsolete, several remaining ones don't carry SV any more and their email addresses are either obsolete or not answered. While I would consider another 8000 HD I am very hesitant for above findings.

Maybe an AZBox ultra could be a good start.

I looked intensively at the AZBox products but there seems to be very limited offerings in USA and I don't want to do business were there is no to little competition. Besides I read these boxes run pretty hot which is most likely a problem on durability.

These kinds of receivers are built with hackers in mind. It's a much better idea to get something like azbox, which does dvb-s2 out of the box, or a pansat where you can put in an actual dvb-s2 board to scan for feeds with.

Let me describe what I look for: HD support with two tuners because I want ATSC signals to go over this box via HDMI to HD TV (i.e. SV 8000HD); blind scan to help me find, I can't receive C-band at present but may be able in the future, PVR support or build in, ethernet connection for update and download.

I believe SV is about to go under (our of business in US) their website shows about half the listed dealers are obsolete, several remaining ones don't carry SV any more and their email addresses are either obsolete or not answered. While I would consider another 8000 HD I am very hesitant for above findings.

even if they did go under it has no effect on your receiver....all you need is the factory software which comes with the receiver....your receiver is not going to stop working just because they are out of business....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts