Viewsat 9000HD problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

giovanni1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Just picked up this receiver in an effort to upgrade to HD. I am having difficulty getting it to recognize my set up.
I had an Extreme 2000 hooked up to a 4x1 Disecq switch. Ports 1, 2 and 3 all go to there own individual LNB's. Port 4 was fed to a 22KHz switch to feed two more LNB's (one circular and one linear).
Now that the 9000HD is connected, and I have all of the ports assigned accordingly in the set up, it always scans the same Port. As if it is not recognizing the 4x1 properly.

The Extreme 2000 recognized them fine for the past 6 months or so, so I know there is nothing wrong outside.
Anyone experienced this with a 9000HD before?
Software issue maybe?

The Viewsat 9000 Dose not Like Disecq Switchs.I Had One And Got It To Work With A Ecota Disecq Switch But It Did Not Work Very Well.I did Not Keep It Long And Sold It,

It's possible it's the brand of switch. My Diamond receiver only works well with my Pansat branded switch in my setup. Other brands force me to turn the receiver off-on to get it to select other ports. The other switches function fine with other receivers.

It's possible it's the brand of switch.

I second that possibility. lol

On my old viewsat Sd one.
The switch that actually came with it doesn't work good at all with anything.
It reads: Viewsat SW-41 4x1 diseqc switch super mini.
and the Problem was it didn't want to switch satellites.

Luckily I had a real diseqc 2.0 switch handy.. and it worked great.
and after that, I reconnected the vs sw-41 switch again,
and it still did not switch sats unless I powered it off & on while on a channel on that sat.

So might wanna try a different switch if the switch says viewsat on it.
Kinda strange though that ur extreme works with it.
...maybe update firmware on the hd one..?.

and If u have no other switch at the moment...hook up each sat without a switch and scan in the channels,
then connect the switch back. Then u might can at least power it off and on when you change it to a different sat.

My Pansat 3500 with a run of the mill 4x1 switch would only work with a cable 10 feet or shorter which is common with Pansat receivers.But I did get it to work with 75 feet of cable on a chieta 4x1 DiSEqC switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)