Viewsat 9000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
DId some reading on this one last night, it claims to be able to do mpeg2 and 4 in both QPSK and 8psk, and PVR ready with a HD (you-supply hd)
Couldn't find many reports on it, other than the hacker forums and of course, none of them talked about whether it has blind scan or not. Some of the ebay ads claimed it does, some didn't mention anything other than 'auto-scan'.
I downloaded the manual off the viewsat site and it does not mention blind scan, but we all know how manuals go. Hopefully some dealer will loan one to iceberg or someone here to test.

the 8psk they refer to most likley is the addon to get illegal DN programming. the hdd they refer to must be a usb hdd. I havent heard anyone mention it having blindscan, I doubt it does. maybe im wrong.

I havent ever seen any mpeg4 truefta other then when DN forgets to encrypt some chanels on 129 (the vs9000 wont be able to tune these turbo-fec tp's out of box, it would require an addon) so basically with what it can tune out of box, Ive never ever seen anything in mpeg4 it could tune.

The mention I saw about the 'add-on' equipment needed, said that there wasn't any connection
on the box for any extra 'module' or anything lol, guess they were very disappointed there.
They would be pretty dumb including something like that with a lawsuit pending.

the only way to add the "addon" is to open the box.

Pansat 9200 does QPSK & 8PSK and has blind scan and will support a PVR down the line

Last edited:
Just hoping that fortec passion does 4.2.2, but I fear by the time boxes are available for that, the programmers will all be using dolby e to further muddy the water for us.

you sure about the pvr portion being added in the future to the firmware ? cause that would make that 9200 a realy really nice ird.

Is on page 21 of the VS9000 manual>explains how to record/playback. Its a little unclear, apparently ifyou connect an external hdd and let the set-top box format it, then it records and plays. If you connect an already-formatted usb drive, it only plays files already on the drive.
Maybe they all work that way? Anyway, we'll have to see if they really do what they claim, when more of them are in use.

Last edited:
I keep reading everywhere that someone would have to do some extra work to add this 8psk stuff.
But gosatellite.com lists that it comes with that built in : Viewsat 9000HD - Get the best deals on Viewsat FTA Receivers
Is that a misprint?
Or did they "fix it up?"
Or do the newer ones have it already in there like the pansat?
It says that with this, it is "future proofed" - which is EXACTLY what I would want for that kind of price. I don't want to spend a small fortune only to have an outdated box soon.
Because I know that HD is the future.
Wonder if I should wait a bit longer....
-phil

I keep reading everywhere that someone would have to do some extra work to add this 8psk stuff.
But gosatellite.com lists that it comes with that built in : Viewsat 9000HD - Get the best deals on Viewsat FTA Receivers
Is that a misprint?
Or did they "fix it up?"
Or do the newer ones have it already in there like the pansat?
It says that with this, it is "future proofed" - which is EXACTLY what I would want for that kind of price. I don't want to spend a small fortune only to have an outdated box soon.
Because I know that HD is the future.
Wonder if I should wait a bit longer....
-phil
What they are talking about is an add-on that is intended for the
hacking community in order to illegally receive Dish HD programming.
Not on GoSat, but, those other websites you have probably seen.
It's pretty expensive receiver for what it currently does.
grusome

For this FTA receiver, does the PVR option allow recording OTA HDTV signals as well? I am confused on what to buy, want to be able to record OTA HDTV signals as well as any FTA HD channels as well.

Thanks

From what I've seen and heard, this connector is an eSATA II connector. There are currently a few Western Digital MyBooks that support this interface (I believe the MyBook Premium ES series).

I am watching for information on this receiver (the Pansat 9200HD), and if it turns out to be all I've heard it is (and the Fortec Passion does not deliver), this may be my first HD box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)