Viewsat 9000HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr.silverado

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I have an opportunity to pick up a Viewsat 9000 HD version 2 with the 8PSK module for a reasonable price. This would be a nice edition for my C & Ku set-up. I was wondering if this would be worthwhile as I have heard rumors about Viewsat going bankrupt. I would assume as long as it lasted me a few years, it should be worth it. I would like to get some opinions on it.

Thanks

Do a search on the forum for threads on it, seems like it was mentioned a few times in the past.
I think this was the one they claimed would receive S-2 signals but never did, not sure how it worked on the HD DVB-S signals.

This receiver is a phony. Specs claim it's for DVB-S2, but actually it's for Turbo8PSK. That's why the guy who built it is going to jail!

It doesn't work too well on regular QPSK either. Sometimes the picture is blurry, sometimes it stutters.

Honestly, even for free this receiver isn't worth the trouble.
--Gary

The hardware is S2 capable. I have locked a couple of 9/10 S2 transponders that did not require a pilot setting to be turned on. But as soon as you need a pilot setting turned on, you have nothing because the VS9000 has no pilot setting.

The 9/10 fec signals that don't need a pilot happen to be 4:2:2. The 9000 does not display them and therefore pretty much useless.

Not many S2 signals that don't require a pilot on.

I've never had any problem with non-S2 signals. Picture was no less than what my Azbox displays.

My VS9000 isn't hooked up right now. But it will receive turbo FEC transponders that are unencrypted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)