Viewsat Extreme Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Murphdog

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
I'm hoping that a Viewsat Extreme owner can help me out. I just bought an Extreme and it seems to be a piece of junk. I'm using it with Satcontrol SM3D22 motor and an Invacom SNH-031 LNB. It constanly drives the dish to the wrong Sat. using USALS. If it does go to the right one it may display a channel after a blindscan that it found with the wrong freqency(off more than 100Mhz) and I'm unable to watch the channel due to the wrong freq. It has found channels with the right freq if it makes it to the right sat. It will find all of the correct channels on SBS6 my true south sat. The componet video also will not display with the black bars either. I have two Pansat 3500SD and a Twinhan 102G that do not have any problems. I'm just trying to figure if this is normal for this brand or i should try to exchange it? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I appreciate the offer..but I'm going to get my 150.00 back if this is a problem receiver.

if the frequency is off, maybe its not set up for the proper LNB?

If you have a Standard LNB, it shuld be set for 10750

It did the freq off thing a few times, but not all of the time. Most channels were correct on the particular sat. I tried universal and standard with 10600 22khz on with no sucess. It has to be something with the Extreme IMO.

Viewsats definately have USALS issues. I played around with a Platinum and an Extreme for a month and found that DiSEqC 1.2 was the only reliable way to move the motor. USALS constantly calculated incorrect positions and often "out of the blue" ran the motor to the limits!

Murphdog said:
It did the freq off thing a few times, but not all of the time. Most channels were correct on the particular sat. I tried universal and standard with 10600 22khz on with no sucess. It has to be something with the Extreme IMO.

If you do standard it has to be 10750 with 22k off

The Etreme screen says standard but it allows me to change the LNB LO to 10600. I'm using an Invacom SNH-031 LNB universal LNB. I had tried taking it off of universal because it starting scanning at 10GHZ and the blindscan was taking for ever to get to the 11GHZ where the transponders are. This LNB needs a 22khz tone to switch LO of the LNB from 9750 to 10600. I may try using the Diseqc 1.2 and see how works with the positioner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)