viewsat extreme slaved to 4dtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slh

Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I have a Viewsat Xtreme slaved to my 4dtv reciever Do I need to setup the viewsat reciever under ANTENNA SETUP or just accept the factory settings there? For LNB power on, LNB type Universal, LNB high 10600, LNB low 9750, TP freq. 11789, Search options depends on what polarity the tp is on th 4dtv reciever, DISEqC 1.0 NONE, Motor off. Under SYSTEM SETTINGS EPG is set at 12, would these settings be right? appreciate some ones help who might have the same setup with the viewsat xtreme. or anybody that could answer this for me.

Thanks,
Steve

10 ft. Winegard dish perforated, Corotor II C and KU band alpine eagle lnbs, 4DTV 922, Viewsat Xtreme FTA, Vonweise actuator 32" Northern Utah, Bud man since 1982

welcome: to the group SLH

its usually best to get a couple of one side power passing switches and a diesqc switch

you would let the 4dtv control the motor & the corotor

most use a kit like this for slaving a DVB receiver to a 4dtv
Like this

you can then setup for c band or ku or both
Search options depends on what polarity the tp is on th 4dtv reciever = correct
LNB power on
LNB type single or standard
c-band lo = 5150
DISEqC 1.0 NONE ( if not using the kit above)
Motor off

ku band lo 10750

Under SYSTEM SETTINGS EPG is set at 12
EPG isn't used

In the Viewsat, you will need to setup 2 Sats for each location, 1 for Ku and 1 for C band.
The default Sat List comes with a few already done, but not all.

I have the one sided dc pass splitters and a DISEqC 1.0. So setup this way I need to adjust the Lnb freq. between c and ku bands 5150 or 10750 which ever I'm on at the time? Also set the DISEqC 1.0 to port 1,2,3 or 4 which ever the c or ku band is on or just disregard it? ?I won't need to worry about tone burst a or b right ? Also the TP freq. is set at 11789 when I do a blind scan do I need to set this to each transponders freq. as I go through the satellite? As you can see I'm dumb to the operation of this viewsat reciever.
Thanks for your assistance.

Steve

I have the one sided dc pass splitters and a DISEqC 1.0. So setup this way I need to adjust the Lnb freq. between c and ku bands 5150 or 10750 which ever I'm on at the time? Also set the DISEqC 1.0 to port 1,2,3 or 4 which ever the c or ku band is on

this is correct usless you do like Lak7 mentioned above set one satellite for ku and another for ku ( this is what most of us do to make it easy)

Also the TP freq. is set at 11789 when I do a blind scan do I need to set this to each transponders freq. as I go through the satellite? As you can see I'm dumb to the operation of this viewsat reciever.

i suspect the viewsat has a blind scan feature so once you set the LO you should be able to blind scan and the viewsat goes through the freqs for you scanning. some receivers have a Auto scan and scan preloaded transponder freqs.

just remember you would probably have to scan twice for each satellite ( because of your polarity changing with the 4dtv)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)