Viewsat Inventory Up For Auction

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One lot of assorted dishnetwork parts ? LOL
Those guys were playing with the big money for awhile, until it bit them right in the A$$.

Collagen water dispenser? I hope they mean Culligan -- but wouldn't it be Culligan's property?

I am surprised that charlie is allowing those receivers to be sold and not destroyed! :eek:

Remote control airplanes and xboxes? Must of been a fun place to work for!

I am surprised that charlie is allowing those receivers to be sold and not destroyed!

Would they have any specific rights to do so before a public auction?

I might guess they are going to send some representatives to secure the name and website (lot 1). Perhaps the boxes are on their list, too.

Would they have any specific rights to do so before a public auction?

I might guess they are going to send some representatives to secure the name and website (lot 1). Perhaps the boxes are on their list, too.

I thought that the other companies shut down by charlie had to destroy their receivers. :confused:

Look closely at lot 81...

The box on the bottom of the pallet has a Directv logo on it.

Wonder if they will buy that lot?

I thought that the other companies shut down by charlie had to destroy their receivers. :confused:

Oh, that may be true. Just going from memory here, but for example Freetech shutting down was the result of a civil action, so destroying inventory being part of the settlement seems plausible. Viewsat CEO is in jail as a result of a criminal conviction of course, but I have no clue what mechanism directly provoked the bankruptcy of the company. If it was voluntary (by which I mean initiated from within), wouldn't only the court have any standing to specify how the assets are disposed of?

Are you suggesting EchoStar/NagraStar/Dish Network had obtained a civil judgment against Viewsat?

This whole story is a bit of a soap opera and it's been interesting watching it unfold, that's for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)