Feeds on 74W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
I am pretty new and hunting for feeds. So I would like to know how many feeds are there on 74w? Before I started blind scanning I always thought there was a lot of feeds. But most of the feeds I find are on other satellites. Thanks

Before Dish Network unloaded everything off 105W it seemed like 74W was the spot for feeds. That is when it was SBS6....I wonder if the new sat (H2) had something to do with it?

I know 105W seems to be a big one now. I guess Dish Network needs to recoup the rent on AMC15 so they sublease to alot of folks :)

I know 105W seems to be a big one now. I guess Dish Network needs to recoup the rent on AMC15 so they sublease to alot of folks :)

Sister company Echostar FSS, not DISH Network, handles the subleasing on the satellite. Echostar FSS has leased the entire satellite from SES WS and subleases to various users - some are IP traffic, some are emergency communications data, some are VSAT, and there are a few occasional and full time video services.

Echo9 is the same way except Echostar FSS owns it, leases some transponders to sister company Echostar, and leases the rest to various users for internet traffic, occasional video, etc.

Before Dish Network unloaded everything off 105W it seemed like 74W was the spot for feeds. That is when it was SBS6....I wonder if the new sat (H2) had something to do with it?

I have a dedicated dish poiting at 105.0°W KU band, just to catch those feeds. 91.°W is another busy one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)