Please reply by conversation.

rodder

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
Adairsville,Ga 30103
I Just picked Up One Very Cheap It Was A hack Box And Has The 8psk board in it
i did a reset and loaded factory file. set my c-band dish on Amc 1 with my azbox then switched cable to the max.it dose not show a signal i have checked everything and i think it is the 8psk board with these being a add on will it work without it.that was the next thing i was going to try.

"Solved"

Last edited:
well as crazy as this sounds i found out at a hack site these receivers with a 8psk board will not work
with factory firmware.loaded hackware again and it works now.

I'm truly surprised! lol
I'd still take out the extra board-it probably does nothing useful any more. But, if the thing works now for FTA, great. Let us know how it does on scanning, motor control, etc. Does it do HD and DVB-S2 signal?

The 8PSK board on those is a hack board. So I doubt it gets S2

Damn I thought we went through this before

Viewsat MAxHd w/turbo 8psk was only designed to hack d1sh channels with such modulation. Its not intented to be use as FTA. it will not work with standard FTA DVB- S2 sygnals. It will only work with private servers connected to internet. Not here, only legal FTA

I have one that I got for dirt cheap also. It does not do S2, it takes forever to blind scan a bird but I still love it. It has a great steady picture. I use a Pansat 2500 for scanning then load the settings on the Max for HD viewing. I use the pansat for SD viewing. I recently bought a Openbox S9 and it does a great job scanning but after a couple of weeks, it begin the stuttering on the hgh SR signals. I imagine I will sell it unless the stuttering problem is fixed.
It short unless there is something in S2 that is compeling for you to watch, I would keep the Max.

it would be worth keeping in case some dish mpeg4 stations pop up in the clear on 61.5

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts