Viewsat Ultra Channel Editor (Native & Channel Master) mess

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

osokona

Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
RI
I am using the UltraLite Channel Editor to create a custom channel list for Galaxy 19. After I looded the channles from the VS, I removed all the scambled channels, the Radio Channels and bunch of other channels I do not need. Then I dumped the list back after the necessary factory reset, user settings, etc...

My problems, is the editor/loader is changing my channel numbers everytime I send it back to the VS.

Got tired of it and tried the same thing using Channel Master (through Import/Export). Same deal here also. The only difference is that Channel Master keeps my Channel number as I want them in the program Windows. It is only after I load it to the VS that the numbers change.

Very, very, very frustrated. Why? Because I am doing this because of my MCE 2005. I have all the 97 Channel list added to my cox cable setup. But everytime I change something in my channel list, either VS loader or Channel Master mess it all up.

Please someone help.

I discovered that it is not Channel Master or native channel editor that is renaiming my channels. It is the STB itself. Because, from the STB, if I go into channel organization and delete a channel or entire TP or even a SAT, the channels get automatically renamed.

Is there a way to stop that from happening?

I have an Ultra but not Ultra Lte, prob not much difference in the firmware though. I never tried doing what you did with the channel list, nor did I ever try Channel Master because I kept reading that it wasn't "Viewsat" friendly-something about the file format VS uses. There's prob not an option to turn that off, unless you find it hidden in the menus somewhere. Can you call it a favorite list and save that to the USB? Never tried that either so it might not be possible.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was trying to find a pretex to change over to another brand of stb. I think this was the last drop of water I can take with Viewsat. My first Viewsat was an UltraLite. I liked it very much. Then I decided to go PVR and got a Viewsat PRO. Hated it so much (mostly because of the GUI) that I resold it for $50 less. Then I bought the Ultra.

Do you know if Channel Master works with SonicView 360 Premier?

Don't know but I would avoid that 360 box like the plague, do a search here for it and you'll find some threads where memers bought it and were not happy with its operation. The Viewsat Ultra is only an average blind-scanning box, its good on high-symbol rate signals, but finds nothing under 3978SR on blind-scan. It's fairly fast, easy to use and I love the menu layout but knowing that it can miss some feeds made me unhappy with it-and I used the thing for nearly 2yrs. There are some PVR type receivers that work ok, the Visionsat ,no longer made, seemed to be a good one. For me, if I wanted a PVR I'd just buy a stand-alone, if they make such a thing. So far I really haven't needed one.
Take a look at the pvr-model receiver, from Satellite AV, sponsor listed above. Right now the website isn't working for me....the 1100 but I forget the brandname, it has gotten some good comments here.

EDIT: HERE's the link: Geosatpro1100
http://www.satelliteav.com/shop/category/RECEIVER

CM does not work with The 360 series.I have tried several times.You can edit channels but if you touch a TP it won't load and you need to use the rs232 to load a good file.Pain in the butt testing this.I have no problems with the ultra thou.Have 2 and maybe getting another.The blind scan sucks but I just copy my CS scans down and put them in the others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)