Viewsat Ultra Channel Editor (Native & Channel Master) mess

Status
Please reply by conversation.

osokona

Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
RI
I am using the UltraLite Channel Editor to create a custom channel list for Galaxy 19. After I looded the channles from the VS, I removed all the scambled channels, the Radio Channels and bunch of other channels I do not need. Then I dumped the list back after the necessary factory reset, user settings, etc...

My problems, is the editor/loader is changing my channel numbers everytime I send it back to the VS.

Got tired of it and tried the same thing using Channel Master (through Import/Export). Same deal here also. The only difference is that Channel Master keeps my Channel number as I want them in the program Windows. It is only after I load it to the VS that the numbers change.

Very, very, very frustrated. Why? Because I am doing this because of my MCE 2005. I have all the 97 Channel list added to my cox cable setup. But everytime I change something in my channel list, either VS loader or Channel Master mess it all up.

Please someone help.

I discovered that it is not Channel Master or native channel editor that is renaiming my channels. It is the STB itself. Because, from the STB, if I go into channel organization and delete a channel or entire TP or even a SAT, the channels get automatically renamed.

Is there a way to stop that from happening?

I have an Ultra but not Ultra Lte, prob not much difference in the firmware though. I never tried doing what you did with the channel list, nor did I ever try Channel Master because I kept reading that it wasn't "Viewsat" friendly-something about the file format VS uses. There's prob not an option to turn that off, unless you find it hidden in the menus somewhere. Can you call it a favorite list and save that to the USB? Never tried that either so it might not be possible.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was trying to find a pretex to change over to another brand of stb. I think this was the last drop of water I can take with Viewsat. My first Viewsat was an UltraLite. I liked it very much. Then I decided to go PVR and got a Viewsat PRO. Hated it so much (mostly because of the GUI) that I resold it for $50 less. Then I bought the Ultra.

Do you know if Channel Master works with SonicView 360 Premier?

Don't know but I would avoid that 360 box like the plague, do a search here for it and you'll find some threads where memers bought it and were not happy with its operation. The Viewsat Ultra is only an average blind-scanning box, its good on high-symbol rate signals, but finds nothing under 3978SR on blind-scan. It's fairly fast, easy to use and I love the menu layout but knowing that it can miss some feeds made me unhappy with it-and I used the thing for nearly 2yrs. There are some PVR type receivers that work ok, the Visionsat ,no longer made, seemed to be a good one. For me, if I wanted a PVR I'd just buy a stand-alone, if they make such a thing. So far I really haven't needed one.
Take a look at the pvr-model receiver, from Satellite AV, sponsor listed above. Right now the website isn't working for me....the 1100 but I forget the brandname, it has gotten some good comments here.

EDIT: HERE's the link: Geosatpro1100
http://www.satelliteav.com/shop/category/RECEIVER

CM does not work with The 360 series.I have tried several times.You can edit channels but if you touch a TP it won't load and you need to use the rs232 to load a good file.Pain in the butt testing this.I have no problems with the ultra thou.Have 2 and maybe getting another.The blind scan sucks but I just copy my CS scans down and put them in the others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)