[Viewsat] Viewsat Ultra Help?

rtukani

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2015
PA
I just found my good o'l Viewsat 2000 from my closet. Any use for it? I heard I can use it with a private server. Any guides out there? I have a Dish HD Dish that I can use for service (Picture Down below). I have not been updated with FTA in a LONG time so bear with me =). If I can use it, is there any software update? I hate the stock firmware because its soo ugly.

Attachments

• dish-network-satellite-dish-HD-3.jpg
    dish-network-satellite-dish-HD-3.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 443
There is no hack talk here.

If you want to use it as a real fta receiver you will need a different dish, at least 30" but bigger is better. A 36"(90cm) dish would be better, and can be had for $100 (New).

You wouldn't get any HD channels with that receiver, but it would be good for most SD channels.

I don't care if it's HD or SD, as long as I get something :).

So I can't get anything with my Dish HD pointed to 119 with Circular LNB?

=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=
Just to give myself knowledge, is using a private server illegal? And does using that allow users to pick up PPV or Dish channels?

Once again, just to educate myself. I haven't been updated about this stuff in years.

Yes, using any thing to get channels for free is illegal.

There is one open channel on 119. Scans in as channel 102 and 349 and shows different channel at different times. Right now it is showing something about Vietnam.

Yes, using any thing to get channels for free is illegal.

There is one open channel on 119. Scans in as channel 102 and 349 and shows different channel at different times. Right now it is showing something about Vietnam.

Using anything to get paid channels for free is illegal. I'm sure he understood though. :eek:

Reactions: rtukani
Using anything to get paid channels for free is illegal. I'm sure he understood though. :eek:

Oh. I see. Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure what I could do with the reciever and don't really want to invest so much time to get ONE channel :D.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)