Viewsat Ultra new firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Just found a new firmware file for the Ultra , V0146...sorry no release notes included with it. I'll have to hook the VS back up and see if anything changes with the new firmware. Just an FYI......viewsatusa.com

LOL no its dated Mar09. Those units were made to be 'updated' frequently anyway, haha.

I didn't really notice anything different except "maybe" its a bit faster but havent really played with it yet.

Didn't notice much difference, but Blind scans may seem to be faster. I may paly with more. :)

I may load it up tonite, nothing much I wanna watch, and besides my actuator is about to die.
Finally ordered one of those diseqc motors today to replace my aging primestar-on-polar-mount rig.

EDIT: TRied this new firmware, can't find anything better about the box. Scanned AMC5 with the last
software, 7m10seconds, new software 7m but a couple of feeds had dropped off. (and it STILL can't see KTEL)
Then scanned G17ku 7m20sec, vs old file 8min,but again a few feeds dropped during the time it took to update firmware.
C-band blind scans still start at 3400 instead of 3700mhz. I don't see what they fixed lol.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)