Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
SOLVED > Viewsat VS2000 Platinum factory bin reset question

Viewsat VS2000 Platinum factory bin reset question.

I just got another E-bay "bargain", unfortunately it has "non factory firmware" on it and need to do the factory bin. I tried doing the factory reset option from the STB menu. That did not work. The only satellites listed in the box are not all the ones that should be there.

I downloaded the loader from Viewsat, and downloaded the software from Viewsat ....which I assume is the original bin file. There are instructions in the binloader. ViewsatUSA

The instructions for the loader looks like I would have to install a bin file, but the Viewsat file I downloaded and unzipped is a PGM file. Is there a difference?

I followed the instructions and I keep getting a BadZSINIT and it seems stuck there...so I am wondering if this unit is hosed or maybe I am doing this wrong. I do have the null modem cable.

The file is VS Platinum & Lite Factory Bin File - V0278

and the loader is Loader 1 - Firmware Updater (Plat and Xtreme)

Any suggestions would be most appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Viewsat's firmware is a program file, their files end in .pgm (after unzipping the file)
You're good to go.
Sounds like you aren't getting the on/off thing going right for the receiver to accept the file. Click on the file to load, turn on box-it should work eventually. ( I never remember if its Upload to load the file to the box, or Download ! )

Loading Viewsat factory bin file

You should have loader2.exe installed on your pc. The factory bin file is VIEWSAT_PLATINUM_V0278.PGM. Make absolutely sure you don't turn the receiver off before it finishes loading or you will trash it.

I did the firmware up date everything loaded fine this time and got the download done prompt . Hooked it back up ...still the only satellites listed in the setup menu are Echostar and Nimiq satellites and no 97W or any other "normal" FTA .

I don't think the firmware worked.

You can download a "current" Sat List from Viewsat
viewsatusa.com/support_Sat.html

I followed the instructions and I keep getting a BadZSINIT and it seems stuck there...
Make sure you have the correct Com Port selected

I added the SAT file into the loader and it worked. I have all the satellites in the menu now. I scanned 97W and now this receiver works great!

Thanks Lak7 ....That did the trick!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)